1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I've got this friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gem1715, May 29, 2013.

1. gem1715

Out Status:
    All but family
    I posted on here a few months ago talking about my confusion over my sexuality (I'm a 20 year old female). I'm happy to report that I am no longer freaking out and have really begun to come to terms with the fact that I am either a lesbian or at the very least definitely not straight. I'm trying to avoid labels for now just so I'm pretty much sticking with "not straight" for the time being.
    Anyway, the reason for this post is that I have feelings or my friend. I can't get her out of my mind. I think about her every day, I dream about her, I've cried over her. I'm not sleeping well. It's a simultaneously wonderful and painful feeling. The problem is that she's dating another girl right now. I would never want to do anything to hurt her and know that this is pretty much just a sucky situation that I'm in. I have no intention of trying to break them up or anything like that, if she's happy with this other girl right now then I respect that (even if it kills me on the inside).
    The issue is that I don't know how long I can hold out before I tell my friend how I feel. She's graduating next year and I'm going to be abroad in the spring. And we're on the same sports team in the fall so if I do tell her I can't do it until after season. That gives me a 2 month maximum to work with. I don't know what to do. I want to tell her so badly but maybe that's a bad idea? I just hate the thought of her never knowing how I feel...
    I really don't know what to do.
    Sorry this is long, I feel so lost right now.

2. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you should just tell her. If she is happy in her relationship, your nor going to separate them. But if they were ever to break up she would know that you will be their. I was once in a similar situation and I told that person how I felt. I never got into a romantic relationship with that person, but it felt sooo much better to actually tell them.