1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by valon, May 29, 2013.

1. valon

valon Guest

I recently had a post about coming out to my parents, and I was planning on doing it once I got to college. But, my mom and I were talking one night, and she knew something was bothering me, and so, I just told her.

That was a few months ago, and although I definitely knew she didn't agree with it, I made it VERY clear that it was not chosen and wasn't going away. She did say she'd always love me, but the whole experience of that night was just awful.

I don't know, mainly it was in the tone of her voice, it was so accusatory and judgmental. I didn't feel very safe talking to her, so I didn't tell her everything. I certainly didn't get into the Bible and how I don't believe gay relationships are sinful.

But, I thought she would have become softened and more sensitive to the issue now that she knows that I'm gay. But, she keeps talking to me and my brother VERY VERY HATEFULLY about gay issues, especially the gay boy scouts thing. And, what really irritates me is she calls gay people "the gays" every time.

I just don't know what to do about her. I'm not going to come out to my father for a good while. But, I'm just so confused as to why she'd still act like this.

I know, she doesn't and most likely won't agree with same-sex marriages for a long time, but she acts like gay people are the scum and waste from hell. Not even good enough to be from the earth.

:icon_sad:

What to do....:tears:

2. jokesonyou

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're a brave man, ill tell you that. It's actually quite admirable- I've been dodging answering the bi question from my mom for a year now.

I know this'll sound rude, but screw your mom. Don't hate forever for it or anything, just don't let it get to you. There are tons of people who will be supportive of you and love you for who you are. You're mom already said she still loves you, she's probably just still shocked. My advice is to let her vent it out, and if she doesn't stop, stand your ground and tell her how much it bothers you.

You're going to college soon, right? Trust me, it's a place to flourish. You'll be accepted for who you are. If your mother doesn't accept who you are, know that you've got lots of people to support you both here and in your outside life!