1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help finding a boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Vegas Boy, May 29, 2013.

1. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone! I would really appreciate any help at all. I came out to one of my friends after she told me she liked me and I just recently came out to my brother. Both took it really well. But the problem is I'm at the point where I want to try things with guys. I've never done anything with a guy and am still a virgin. I just don't know where to start or where to find someone. I don't just want to have sex with some random guy. I want to be in a relationship. So far the only gay people I've met have been two like 50 year old guys trying to get at me and my lesbian friend. Any advice will be appreciated.

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel your pain my friend :slight_smile: I too am a virgin & am in great need of a Man, to enter a relationship with, I crave some Male contact & need to find some Gay friends, to guide me (*hug*)

3. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Dublin Boy :slight_smile:

4. tmhjdg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Vegas Boy,

I only realized I was gay when I was 20 and already in college and didn't know any gay people to even try to date, and I was a virgin. I wasn't into the party scene at all, so I know how hard it can be to actually find people to even try to date. Here are the two things I tried (the second one worked):

1. Participated in more clubs at school. Either in high school or college, you'll meet more people outside your normal circle this way. I met some gay people this way, but I'm so shy that meeting people in person like this didn't really work out for me. Might be good for less shy people.

2. Look for dates online, like on craigslist. Yes, I did try finding dates on craigslist, and it worked - sort of! Most people responded to my post just looking for hookups, but one guy responded genuinely. I told him I didn't want to meet right away because of my shyness, so we chatted online and via text for about a week, then we met. Yes, we ended up fooling around right away, but that was just how the chemistry went and we already knew we liked each other romantically. We started "dating" but what we really started was our relationship of the last 3 years.

However: It may be very hard to find a guy your age who actually wants a long term monogamous relationship. My boyfriend is in his 30s, so he already had all his fun and wanted to settle down, which is what I happened to want. Not many young guys do. Still, the point is that you can find someone special via craigslist and other sites primarily used for hookups because there aren't too many other places to look. You just have to be patient and put yourself out there. Hopefully the right guy will see you out in cyberspace and start chatting!