1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coping with a break up and being friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lgnfr90, Jun 3, 2013.

1. lgnfr90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    im 23 gay.. about a month a go i started talking to this guy and i fell in love with him.. he was the first guy i fall for. ive dated before but it never went anywhere. this guy gave me my first kiss. we cuddled. and i bonded with him in away i had never done before. at some point before we met he told me he has had a difficult past and had a hard time dealing with his past relationships. i told him that it was okay and that i would not hurt him. we told each other amazing things and we planned a near distance future together planning on how we would see each other. we are 58 miles apart. he is going away for college. so he would be a bit closer to me.. after we said good bye to each other on that first date it was really hard. we hugged. it was an intense moment for me... he told me that he wanted me to meet his family and that i should have a sleep over with him and that would happen the next time we saw each other. . he asked me to be his boyfriend. i said yea na we kissed.

we continued texting each other and two weeks later i received a message, a break up message telling me that he was feeling overwhelmed and that he was scared and did not want to get hurt.. (he is already out to his family by the way)
    He told me that he was not ready to think of a future for us .i was crushed that day... i never imagined things would end specially when things were going so well. he asked me not to hate him and that we should remain friends... i was sad but i had to accept his friendship i did not want to lose him.

before he broke up i was so confused but i understood what he was feeling so i told him that i would be friends with him and that i would wait for him for awhile until he gets older ( he is in his early 20's) time is passing and we now text each other less... he has many girl friends and a few other friends that he talks to. we all chat through facebook messenger... so i constantly saw him online but he stopped texting methe way we used to... its like two texts per day... which i guess is okay..

. i just want to know why? so badly he told me we can text each other as normal friends but we havent had a real conversation as friends yet i cant stop thinking about him? or what he is doing? i really see myself with him i just dont know what to do.... yesterday he did not log in to messenger at all... 22 hours passed and he texed me to see how i was i wasnt feeling very well the day before.. i texted him almost immideately but again i havent heard from him... do you think he is trying to de attach himself from me.

we agreed that we would hang out in the city soon.. but i want to text and get to know him now as friends.. i really want to be friends with him and see what could happen with us in the future.. i really think maybe something could happen because he broke up me with telling me that he liked me and that he wished he had met me before he dated the people that hurt him... i want to be there for him but he doesnt talk about it.. i just want to show him that im different im not the type of guy to the average and it has to do with the fact that ive dealt with things too...

at the same time now i feel lonely i dont really have friends now that i finished school.... i feel depressed im ready to come out to my parents.. it hurts to not be able to talk about it with my mom.... but im scared of her reaction... i still live home with them..

oh and also the day when he broke up with me i asked him if he had met some one else... he said no.... as we were getting to know each other he told me that he wasnt the lying type... he felt guitly about lying to his family and people in general...i can see he is genuine and i trust him

the other day i saw him logged in on the dating site he was logged for about 30 minutes but he hasnt logged in since... i think he may have realized that he is not ready for a commitment... i am even okay with that if he just wants to stay single and enjoy his age its okay.. that or maybe he recieved a message and was curious on what it said ..... he told once that the future is unknown and that scared him but that he would keep an open mind and thats why he wanted us to be friends.......any advice or opinions i would appreciate it so much

this is my first post i appologize if i put in in the wrong threat but i think this fits in friends and relationships :slight_smile:.

2. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Focus on new stuff :slight_smile: focus on new ppl , u can keep him as friends but it gets harder bc they will have someone else. Keep ur mind occupied ,hang out with friends ,see a movie ,get laid or do something :slight_smile: but don't do drugs and alcohol that's bad :slight_smile: u can leave him or be friends with him . I'm friends with my ex and today 3 mins ago he asked me to be his gf ,idk what to do so I'm thinking about it with a clear head .