1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

becoming friends with the guy i like

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lgnfr90, May 31, 2013.

1. lgnfr90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    any advice would be great... i met this guy online and we chatted and things went great.. we are long distance but we managed to meet. the date was perfect.. we ended up kissing and hugging and we cuddled at the back of his car. it was more than i expected. we did not do more than that though which was good for me... we connected emotionally and he asked me to be his boy friend.. i looked at him and i kissed him saying i would be his bf.. we told each other some very nice things and we planned ways to meet as much as possible despite the distance....it was all perfct.. he made me so happy. we just clicked....

. before we met though he had told me he had gone through a period where he was depressed from a previous relationship and he was scared of getting hurt.... i told him that i would never hurt him and that i would always be there for him.... i developed such strong feelings for him and i cant stop thinking about him...

two weeks ago he sent me a message saying that he was overwhelmed by having a relationship and he was thinking about his past... he told me he wanted to end things but he wanted us to remain friends

it was hard for me to accept this but i decided to remain friends with him and i told him i would wait for him for awhile until perhaps he is ready. he suggested that i shouldnt wait for him and i should move on because he was not sure he ever wanted a relationship at all with any one.. he really seems scared of getting hurt. and he told me that i should find someone that makes me happy...

in my opinion he is still young and had things to go through before he can be in one again.... but i really like him and he told me that he did too and that he wished he had met me before he was with those that hurt him..... he said he would keep an open mind about things and that the future is unknown..... this gives me hope that maybe he will like for us to be together again but that he is not ready to think of a future for us... which i completely respect..... we dont text as often and i miss him so much..... i get so happy when he does text me though but it isnt like it used to anymore...

we are planning to hang out as friends soon for the second time after our amazing first date should i let him know that i still like him or should i wait and just hangout with him and hope for the best.. what should i do any advice please :slight_smile: do you think i still have a chance with him based on what i wrote...im sure i left out details but feel free to ask thanks

#1 lgnfr90, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  2. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

It's quite simple really, it's great that you are becoming friends with the guy you like. This means that you can get to know him more and see if he is the one for you.

Well Done and Good Luck!!!

3. lgnfr90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    hey thanks for replying ...i know its a bit simple but i still like him more than that just friends. the last time we met as friends it was a bit awkward since we had kissed and done stuff the first time we met....

neither of us really had much to say. at first but we got through the day okay and we got to talk a bit about us which was good it gave me some closure but i guess i need help on how i should get to know him as friends with out letting him know that im in love with him.... i like enough to accept being friends with him first and .i am certain that he is the right guy for me. i trust him and care for him.. we are a bit distant it kinda became obvious that he wants to de attach himself a little.. i think he might want to avoid getting attached i guess. which i understand but its really hard though he is the first guy that ever asks me to be his boyfriend and i just wish things were different.. i guess you are right though i will do my best to get to him better as friends when he comes to the city and hope for the best thanks :slight_smile: