1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would you date a bisexual guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by freedom200, May 31, 2013.

?

would you date a bisexual man

1. yes

91 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. no

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

I was watching this video and it was a survey to straight women ( I think) asking the question if they would date a bisexual man. they gave very biphobic bigoted answers and it offended me quite a bit. I thought i would continue that survey and ask people in the LGBT community, would you date a bisexual man?

oh, and heres the video...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD3fgriLC0g

#1 freedom200, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  2. Hefiel

I would, although I'd probably be a bit worried early on about his attraction towards males vs. females since both genders have their own exclusive merits. After a month or two though, I don't think I'd be worried about it anymore.

3. Dans le placard

I did consider myself bisexual up until a short period before I actually came out (I'd still probably rate a 4 on the Kinsey Scale), and my fear of being ostracised by women for being bi was actually one of the things that kept me from coming out AND made me too nervous to actively date girls. It's a common myth that bi people are greedy sex-maniacs, and I think that it's one that really needs dispelling in LGBT awareness campaigns.

As for me dating a bi guy? I wouldn't be against it. After all, he'd still have genuine romantic and sexual feelings for members of his own sex, so if he were committed and a certain spark ignited between us, I'd be more than happy to see where things go. :slight_smile:

4. FruitFly

I can see no reason why I wouldn't. The standard discussion of whether they're monogamous or not would take place (and that applies regardless of sexual orientation) and we'd go from there.

5. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been out with bisexual women I don't see a problem with it as long as it a monogams relationship and they were honest about it from the start , just like I would expect from another lesbian I couldn't care less

6. castle walls

I would love to date a bisexual guy. It would just be one more thing in common. Besides, chances are I wouldn't have to hear many biphobic remarks from him

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My girlfriend is bi. So while I obviously wouldn't date a bi guy, I have no issue dating a bi girl.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would date a bi guy if I was attracted to him. I'm not often attracted to men though. I would date a bi girl for sure.

9. photoguy93

I'm pretty sure I would. I think that it would just mean I'd have to get over certain preconceived notions, and go with the flow.
    I know it's absolutely terrible to follow stereotypes, but I have a pretty crappy self confidence level. I won't lie...I'd probably worry about him looking at girls, too..but like I'd not worry about that with guys?

I think that maybe it's a bit different for some of us gays, because a lot of us are friends with ...mainly girls. I think it's kind of a weird mix, or it would be, if it was me and my friends, and a guy who was interested in both sexes...just thinking out loud. If I come to that bridge, I'll pass it. :slight_smile:

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I would date a bi guy for sure. Gay vs bisexual has no bearing on whether or not I like someone.

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Why wouldn't I? As a bi/pan guy myself, being opposed just strikes me as hypocritical.

That and I just feel like it's just that more likely I'll actually find a guy not opposed to the fact that his man's got a vag. :lol: So, there is that. Not that I necessarily want someone being all "I've got the best of both worlds, bitches! He's got a vagina! Hooray!" but still...

12. yidnah87

Well, being the bisexual guy that I am, I would say yes, I would be willing to date a bisexual man or woman.

I have a profile on a certain dating site that I won't name here. A distinctive feature of the site lets users answer various questions so that they could compare their responses with others to see how they match up. I'm pleased to see that so many women give the following answers to the following questions:

Is homosexuality a sin? No
    Should gay marriage be legal? Yes
    Is it ok for gay couples to adopt? Yes
    What's your opinion of same sex relationships? It's all fine w/me.

Yet so many of these same people give these answers to these questions:

Would you date someone who is bisexual? No
    Would you date someone who has had homosexual sex? No

:bang:

13. Martjain

That video made me sad and angry at the same time, those women are super ignorant, bisexual doesn't mean, cheating or sharing it mean you like both sexes.
    Although all your answers made me glad I'm part of this community! I wish the world was like all of you! (&&&)(*hug*)
    Needless to say, I'd obviously date a bisexual girl or boy. Just wanted to clear that up.

14. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, provided I could find one that is biromantic or homoromantic. I think that's where many people's fears and judgements stem from.

15. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup, why not?

16. DelFelidae

Of course I would, I can't see a reason not to date one.

17. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Even though I am bisexual myself, I would prefer it if by boyfriend was gay; not bisexual. I would still go out with a bisexual guy, but I think that you can be assured more that he won't go off you and fancy a woman if he was completely gay.

18. bethpurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Most definitely. Being genderqueer, I feel like most gay/straight people wouldn't be interested in me.

19. June Cleaver

Done that twice and I am not sure I could go through that again. So I voted NO on your poll. If I was single, and a bi man was chasing me, I would have to be convinced he could live without VA-JJ for me to give him a chance. I pray that will never be a issue again! June

20. Rexmond

I've read a lot of stories here on EC, mostly from the LGBT Later in Life, and from what a lot of people have posted there in regards to this topic, the outcome is almost always not a positive one. Cheating can happen regardless of sexuality, but when there's twice as much on offer, it increases chances however, I am aware it depends on the person and how monogamous they are. If the man was really attractive and has an awesome personality, then by all means I wouldn't throw away the chance just because he's bi.