1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Kiss, and then Awkwardness

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by firewater476, May 31, 2013.

1. firewater476

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've only recently came out to my friends after i found out that one of my friends is gay as well. This guy is pretty open about his sexuality, and feels comfortable and confident about it, so i really wanted to talk to him about it. Anyways, we went on a trip with our friends, and I roomed with him, so at night, I came out to him and we talked. His response was a little underwhelming, and he acted very casually. After a while, we just stopped talking.
    We both tried to sleep after that, but couldnt, and he suddenly asked if he wanted to kiss. I didnt know if he was joking, so i just played around, and we continued to talk. Then he said he was desperate for a kiss, as it was his first time too, so we did. He also said that he was quite attracted to me, but only because im a guy. The kiss was pretty awful, so we tried again. three times. Before this, we were really fun and flirty, and felt really comfortable. However, after the kiss, he started to pull away. He said that he doesnt have any feelings for me, and coudlnt do it. He also said that i was too nice. I asked him what he meant, but he couldnt really answer and seemed pretty confused as well. Anyways, after a while, sex got brought up, and i touched him just for fun. He pulled back saying it was ticklish........After that we both tried to sleep, but couldnt, but we didnt talk to each other.
    The next day, he acted pretty awkwardly, and it seemed as if he was avoiding me. Whenever I would walk near him, he would walk behind, and so on. So at night, i asked him if he was avoiding me, and he said no. Then I told him that if he wanted to talk, he could always talk to me, but all he said was to forget that it ever happened because he had been exhausted.
    Now, we have to pretend as if nothing has ever happened, and he seems pretty distant. What should I do? Should I give him space and time to think about it? Or should i be straight up and ask him what he thinks and why he doesnt want to talk about it? Also, the more I think about it, the more i really like that guy.......

2. BornInTexas

To me, it looks like he doesn't want to talk about it, and to never bring it up again. It's really up to you, though. You said you're developing feelings for him, and you said he likes men, too.

Personally, I would get him in some privacy, and just ask him what you need to. There is also he could be developing more feelings for you nd it seems he might be regretting pushing you into it, if that makes sense.

He probably thinks he made you very uncomfortable, and he's trying to make himself distant.
    Getting back on topic, clear the air and ask him about it, but be sure to do it discreetly. No one wants to be the center of attention in public.

3. firewater476

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it...