1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can he be my bf?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jesszolanski, Jun 1, 2013.

1. jesszolanski

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    so my name is jess, i'm 13 and i've known this online 17 y o guy for a while and we've became really great friends (we're both gay). I few months later he became my crush , both started to send kisses , heats etc via facebook but he says that i'm his best friend. What should i do?
    it'll be for to reply :smilewave

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you looking to be online boyfriends, or real-life boyfriends?

Lex

3. Sunshine Cries

I'm kind of in your situation right now.
    I say just keep on playing along with it. With my crush, it was the same thing, except after a month we kind of developed this pseudo-relationship. If he's closer in distance to you (my crush lives 4 or 5 thousand miles away, I don't want to count), then he probably can me!
    Just hang in there, it could totally start.

~Sunshine

4. starlightonmars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate to be this guy (it makes me feel old), but aren't you a little young for that kind of thing? Dating someone that much older than you will only get him into trouble, and will make things difficult for you too. I don't know what your situation is regarding your out status, but have you considered that people may assume you've been manipulated by him, and that your sexuality is a result of possible abuse or that you've only been led to believe you're gay by a dangerous, older influence? Not my opinion, but it could very well be the opinion of straight people around you. And whilst I'm not an expert on the law anywhere, let alone outside of where I live, but I'm pretty sure any sort of sexual relationship isn't legal between you two anyway, and any sort of emotional one would surely be questioned too. His life could be ruined by such things, there's the danger of him being put on registers etc. This really is worst case senario but you really have to consider everything in these types of situations.

5. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't pursue a relationship with a 17 yr old. Once he turns 18 he could get jail time and be labeled a sex offender if you were to ever do anything sexual. Try to date within your grade level if you have to (until you're like 16 or 17 yourself)

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am sort of in your position. But mine's closer in age. I've known this guy for a couple months and I really do feel that I love him. We had a nice heart to heart the other night and he said that he's not looking for a real relationship right now. So it's kind of like brotherly love. He even only lives two hours from me.

I say talk to him about it. While he may be four years older than you, I don't personally see 4 years as a major deal.

7. robclem21

4 years is a hugeee deal when it is between a 17 and a 13 year old. This is a bad idea. I can appreciate that it may be difficult to end it cold turkey, but this should not develop into anything. Don't pursue it or him or anything from a sexual or relationship manner.

You are 13, go hang out at the movies and the mall with your friends. You shouldn't be looking for love online at 13. If you need support, I suggest coming here for it, and not a 17 year old guy (who for trying to date a 13 year old) is probable emotionally unstable.

Sorry if this seems harsh but I am being completely honest with you to help you out.