1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jealous of my boyfriends past?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MrSpence, Jun 3, 2013.

1. MrSpence

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Helllllllo

This is my fist time posting, and I appreciate all responses! :lol: I just came out a year ago this month and as soon as I did I went straight into a relationship...I'm 26 and I've had my own few gay experiences and I've been in one gay relationship prior to coming out, when i was 17. However, today, my boyfriend will tell me about his different experiences, sexual or not, and its not like I'm jealous because he has been places I haven't been in the gay culture, i.e. relationships, bars, clubs, socializing, cruising... and ya i know pretty sad, i haven't even been to the club yet lol...but i want my own experiences. Now don't get me wrong, our relationship is amazing. AMAZING, perfect! And I'm very happy in it, but I have these thoughts about what life would be like if I had come out sooner. I don't harp on that, but lately it's something I've thought about a lot. My boyfriend came out when he was much younger and has experienced life as a gay man from the time he was 15. I know I can't go back and change the past, duh, however I want to have my own experiences, not all sexual either. I don't have a network of gay friends yet and when I say friends, I mean just friends haha! This I think has a lot to do with how I'm feeling as well. I think i might just need a social outlet? I've started working out again at the gym, which definitely makes me feel better! I've been out of college for a year, and I know when I go back Ill be able to network, but for now I'm still in that phase of finding pride in who I am and finding myself, my identity as a gay man. Sorry for blabbering and being scatter brained. Now it's time to try and sleeeeep! :sleep: Thanks for reading and your responses! Nighty night !

2. NewView78

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in a similar boat. I'm in my mid 30s and my boy friend is in his late 20s. He came out in college (about 10 years ago) and I just came out about 6 months ago and immediately started dating him.

Sometimes I get envious of the fact that he was able to come out earlier than I and be who he really was. Sometimes I feel that I wasted those years when I was trying to be straight.

However, it took me those years to finally get to a place where I could be honest with myself and come out. So I am glad for that!

Like you, my relationship with my boy friend is amazing and so I don't regret the past because I feel it was necessary for me to go through it in order to be in a place where I could date when I met my boy friend.

For me, it's been important to try and find my own friends who are gay. I like all of his friends that I have met, but I feel that I need my own network as well. It's hard, but I have been trying and have had some success.

3. MrSpence

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Other than going to the club where do you go to meet other gays and befriend them? I sometimes get so caught up with the "sexual" label in the gay culture that I think how am I supposed to meet friends without them thinkin it's more than that? But I'm sure it's gonna happen and ill just make it clear i am in a relationship. I love my boyfriends friends that I have met but I haven't really met any of his gay friends. I think im still trying to get comfortable in my new skin, as we get accustomed to that straight lifestyle, its hard to shed that old me. I know some identity searching has to happen... oh ya i didnt want it to look like im dating a 15 year old haha! We're both 26 years old ...