1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love problem

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AParker, Jun 3, 2013.

1. AParker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok so recently I broke up with my girlfriend, very traumatizing. My best friend took me to the pool so that I could meet new people and mingle. Well I did end up mingling and met this really great girl. She is amazing and cute and funny and we talked a lot of the time. When she left I got her number, and she kissed my cheek. I felt so alive, until my friend came up to me and said "Why were you talking to my ex?"

I froze up and just stuttered. Finally I said "Just trying to be friendly with people." Now he won't talk to me and I don't know what to do!!!:tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. Pain

Pain Guest

1. Did you know that she was his ex?
    2. Why does it matter to him that she is his ex? If he's not with her, anymore, is it any of his damn business?

Sorry if I sound abrasive with those, but if I were asked that, I would get defensive! They're over, so it shouldn't be his business.

3. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No sex with your bro's ex.
    - The Bro Code

4. AParker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know, i guess your right.

5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Others may disagree, and there is definitely more than one view on this question, but personally, I would not date a friend's ex. I'm actually good friends with an ex of mine, and I wouldn't even date one of his friends that I met through him.

Why? Because beyond any sort of code that people may or may not recognize, it just adds a whole mess of complications to the situation. Suppose your friend isn't fully over her yet - is he going to come to you to talk about that? Not likely. What if you want to gush about something that happened with her that made you really happy? Count him off your list. And flip things around - what if someone you were seeing broke up with you, and then your friend started dating them? How would you feel? Would you probably tell other people about your feelings about it, and would they be interested in being friends with them?

Ultimately, of course, it isn't your friend's business, and it's impossible to really argue that it is. But just because the relationship is over doesn't mean people aren't still emotionally invested, and there are lots of other people you might date that won't ultimately come between you and your friends.

6. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you want to make it easy for everyone don't get involved with the girl. It will get messy. Sometimes things just happen, but in this situation you have the opportunity to walk away without anyone getting hurt.