1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Long Should I Wait?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by charmander, Jun 3, 2013.

1. charmander

Hi, Sorry But This thread is gonna sound childish but Meh,

So I'm thirteen And I'm Out to all of my friends And My Parents, But Most People Don't Understand how I feel... I Got Really Upset one day and my friend said "Oh, It's Okay... I Know How You Feel" To Be Honest She Really Doesn't I mean She HAS A Boyfriend. and I've Been Crushing on this guy And. I REALLY Like him but I Have that Sinking feeling that I Have NO Chance...So It Upsets me that people pretend to know how I feel I mean I'm the only gay guy out in my year so a fat straight person has more chance of getting into a relationship than me...

Does Anyone else have that feeling that have no Chance?

How Long Should I wait Before Making A move?

Sorry If this Made no Sense I'm Crap at English (Note: I'm Scottish)

2. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Get to know him ,say hi , exchange phone numbers ,hang out and be his friend first then fall inlove . Then be in a relationship .

3. David2231

David2231 Guest

I know EXACTLYYYYYYYyyy how you feel. I'm closeted and I always spill my emotions toward my family and things in my life to my straight friends because I have no gay friends, and they're all like "Oh yeahhhhh I totally get what you meannn" like, no you don't... you have literally NO idea what I mean... it drives me crazy but at the same time they're trying to help, and they're trying to understand what we're going through which is a good thing... (&&&)

EDIT: I forgot to answer the main question: Yeah sometimes I feel like I have no chance, but we're both young... I'm 15 and I told 5 friends that I'm gay, and already one is freaking embarrassing me because she's trying to hook me up with her friend that I don't even know it's so funny yet it's embarrassing to me LOL. We still have so many years to find love and if now's not the time, then now isn't the time. It'll all happen eventually, whether it's in a couple years, or days it'll most likely happen and I don't doubt that.

#3 David2231, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  4. Dins3label

I'm 18 and just came out. And I CAN sympathize with you. It's very hard to have feelings for your straight friends/ crushes and keep it bottled up inside. But I can tell you it gets so much better when you're older! I can tell you I was not very confident at 13 or 15. You will grow so much as individuals, and you will learn from relationships. And if you guys plan to get to college, you will get so many new opportunities to meet really cool people (and straight people too!).

Also, relationships are fun and all, but they're a lot of work. David - Hi! I liked your point, you have so much time. Enjoy being you and figure your stuff out first:slight_smile:

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My problem is I spend my days at work, I am in the closet at work to all the Guys, so they don't know I am Gay, there are only 2 openly Gay Men at work, if there are more they are in the closet like me, so my chances are a big fat zero & getting into a relationship at the moment :frowning2:

6. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    I definitely empathize with you dude!

When I first came out, I really wanted someone who I could FINALLY talk to about things like crushes, relationships, etc. etc. since i never could before, I didnt mind listening to my friends, but was always secretly a bit depressed about my own inability to talk about the same frustrations..

A friend of mine (Shes a girl btw) is always complaining to me about how she has no chance with Guys... and it makes me so mad that i stop talking to her just entirely for the night or day/whatevertimeframeideemnecessary. I have to remind her that because shes a girl, she has a chance. For all she knows, that guy may secretly like her, or he may learn to like her once he sees her in a different Light. I literally have no chance with straight guys (that are actually straight at least) and it just really irritates me. Girls with Guys and Guys with Girls, even if the attraction isnt there... theres still a slim chance even if its very very miniscule. Knowing that i have 0% chance with guys, I tend to aim for the whole "lets just be close friends" approach where I can love from a distance, and it tends to work for me.

However this model ^ tends to get me in positions where false hope can be heart breaking. (my recent crush totally came out as Bi to me, only to say he was lying to make me feel better, after we went out and did some stuff together... im totes saying hes confused at the minimum but whatever)

If hes ok with gay people, then you can make a move. I mean, he might be gay, idk from your post alone. I can just say I know where you are because im in the same position atm!

Good luck!

7. charmander

That Must Of Hurt... "We'll Whatever" You Must Be Strong To be able to just nudge that Aside. Kudos To You!:slight_smile: