1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my friend trying to tell me something?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tightrope, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It doesn't matter, but I saw a sudden change in things he has said.

I went to see my best friend from college about three years ago. He lives in another city. He had recently divorced. They had no kids. I hung out for a weekend. We sat around, drank coffee, went out to eat, and talked a lot to get caught up.

While sitting around his apartment, he mentioned that he had been sexually abused by an adult as a teenager, but I forgot how he worked that into the conversation. The TV was on and there was an actor on there who usually plays detective types and he said "he's a good looking guy." Also, he lives in the neighborhood next to the gay area of the city, but it's eclectic, so there are some gay people in the neighborhood, but not the majority. There is a men's bar down on the corner with a busy street, but I doubt he goes. He's not that type. I just know that part.

I've never talked to him much about sex and I've known him from college. He obviously knows I've never been married.

What do you think of these comments all of a sudden?

2. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd let it be for now. I'd wait and see if he says more stuff and if he does font confront him on it, but just show u support those kind of things.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We live really far apart. I now see him every few years. I might see him this summer. I would not confront him on it. Our friendship has never had confrontation, and we go all the way back to school.

I just found all these comments within 1 weekend kind of different from our usual conversations.

4. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh I definitely think you have reason to question the things he has said, that's for sure. I'm just not sure what to do from here though. Hopefully someone more experienced can chime in

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! The funny thing was that I am nuts about that movie star he commented about.

6. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hahahahaha

7. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I can relate very well to this. Starting yesterday, my friend seemed much more sociable with me than usual, and even touched me for a longer time today. But I don't like him.