1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hit on a straight girl, now I'm mortified.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rachael222, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Rachael222

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last night I went out, there was a big group of us. I've fancied this girl all year, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest she isn't straight. Anyway, drunk me decided that in spite of all of this straight evidence, that I should hit on her anyway.

I didn't do anything so bad, but I was telling her how pretty she was and things along those lines, and being a bit overly touchy-feely with her hand.

So after a while I think she had had enough of my apparently random advances and went off to another part of the place we were in. I eventually came across her again (unfortunate) and then when it was clear she wasn't interested and trying to escape my strange behaviour I got really annoyed and just left by myself and went and cried in my bed. Great night, well played.

So I'm basically the cringiest person ever, I've not stopped cringing about this all day. Why can't she just like me back, eh? I keep kidding myself that she is closeted and shy which is RIDICULOUS. I know a lot worse things have happened, but still. I'm not out yet myself, so her recounting the story to people could be a little awkward.

Should I pretend that nothing has happened? I feel pretty bad if I made her uncomfortable as that's how I'd feel if I had a guy pestering me most likely. But at the same time I don't really know if apologising her is a good idea as I would pretty much be outing myself in the process and possibly making a bigger deal of it than necessary. I also won't be seeing her again for a month because I'm going on holiday.

The moral of the story here is DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL. Thoughts?

2. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    No the moral of the story is these things happen all the time, even in the straight world. How many girls do u think get nauseated by douchey guys at clubs hitting on them (not saying u caused nausea or you're douchey lol) I'm just saying this is how the world is. We swing, we miss, but u can't stop swinging.

3. Rachael222

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha this is true, I guess I'm just kinda worried about being outed. Also EMBARRASSING. Maybe I'll order a pizza, at least it won't reject me.

4. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    Unless you're allergic to gluten or lactose intolerant :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've hit on a straight girl before and I've seen her since then. It wasn't as awkward as I thought it'd be because I was very straightforward. I simply asked her if she had ever dated a girl before; she smiled, laughed and say "No, I'm straight, but thank you."

Pizza sounds delicious right about now, but please don't let feel too bummed out. At least you tried, which is very difficult to do. Putting yourself out there is not easy at all. Just dust yourself off and try again, but listen to your gut next time.