1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progression in Relationship (It's not a repeat, honest)...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Jun 5, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Ever since I returned to school after half term, my crush is seeming to show a major increase in interest or at least curiosity in me.

Yesterday, I caught him looking at me a lot more than usual, and he also seemed a lot more smiley, if you know what I mean. He wasn't smiling at me directly, buy he was sort of smiling to himself when I was around him. And he even walked past me, and I promise you that that it an advancement, and unlikely as it may seem. What happened was I was waiting for my friends (who I knew had already left, and the only reason I stayed was to see my crush) and my crush walked past me, once again smiling away to himself. I can assure you that if he didn't like me in the slightest, he wouldn't have walked past me on that occasion. He wasn't even with friends when he walked past me, so it was his pure decision to do so.

And today, he was hanging out with friends at lunch, and I was with my best friend, as usual. We were walking past him and his friends and I said "let's atop here", so we did. And I noticed him looking at me again a couple of times, and he was much more smiley than usual. I don't think that he was smiling so much because of his friends' presence, because normally, in the past, he doesn't really smile as much with his friends. So I'm thinking that he might be smiling because of me. And then I even noticed him look right at me, maybe even in my eyes, and then I looked away. After that he sort of pushed his friend away. He kind of stood behind him and left by pushing his back, and that sort of made him look gay. When his friend turned around to go back, my crush stopped him as though he was shy in-front of me.

Also today, me and my beat friend were standing, having a conversation, and he walked past. And when we were a bit further apart, he full on turned around and looked right at us.

You may call the thread repetative, but I promise you that he wouldn't act so smiley, look at me so much, and walk past me intentionally if he wasn't interested in me. I think that he smiles so much to subtly shoe me his interest and that he would at least be considering getting to know me more. Or he might want to impress me with his smile and friendliness.

Things seem different about him, I just know it, he just seems more content around me, and as though he somewhat appreciates being around me.

Do you agree, should I take things a step further; approach him? Is this a sign that I should make an advancement and finally try to get somewhere? It is as though we have both been rejuvenated by our week holiday, and are refreshed and want to get somewhere with this.

#1 clarkec1, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. The Dude

I would approach him, but just be casual. Try to get to know him as friends and see what happens. There's no harm in just introducing yourself. Don't come on too strong though, that could be off putting. But definitely try to talk to him.

Does your best friend know you like him? Maybe he could come with you when you introduce yourself, or maybe he has a mutual friend with your crush and could maybe help you out with the whole thing? I don't know, just an idea.

Good luck!

3. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

My best friend does know I like him, but doesn't know him. Even I know him, but I know a friend that has a friend that know him. So u wouldn't need to introduce myself, but it might be worthwhile being with a friend when I do approach him. I'm just thinking, wouldn't being with a friend make him nervous? And if he was with his friends, it would make me nervous. Maybe I should talk to him on my own when he's alone.

4. mblaze

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you guys even talk? Like, even as casual friends? Cuz you should start there. Then once you guys start talking in school and stuff ask him to hang out. And after a few times of hanging out see how your relationship is, and how he acts towards you. Then start thinking about starting a romantic relationship.

5. FruitFly

I think the only way you are ever going to move forward, in one way or another, is by talking to him. Alone, with friends, whatever you're comfortable with but it's getting to the point where instead of thinking about what the looks/gestures mean you're going to have to talk to him. You're going to have to get to know him properly, and that means you're going to have to talk to him.

So yes, like the majority of people who have responded to your threads regarding this boy before, I think you should just talk to him.

6. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Yes I know, I know. I "just need to talk to him". At least someone has told me that him looking at me and smiling when I'm around etc might just mean something.

7. FruitFly

It may, but I'm not really keen on mights when it comes to affairs of the heart. We make assumptions, we say this and that, but people on the internet trying to infer intentions is not nearly as good as you actually going up and having a conversation with him. I prefer the direct "you've been doing the does he, doesn't he, is he, isn't he dance for long enough; time to talk" approach.

A simple "Hi, I'm Name, I've noticed you looking at me so I thought I'd introduce myself properly" will do. He may know you through people, but it's always nice to actually introduce yourself even if they know of you.

8. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

No he doesn't know me through anyone, we met years ago, and someone told him I liked him, he didn't pull a face so I guess that's good. But because of that I'm almost certain that he know's I like him. So he might be looking at me because he wants to know if I actually do like him. But as I say, he,s been looking at me differently in the past few days, and I think that means something.

9. mblaze

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly dude, if there's a chance that he actually does like you and he is gay.. Go for it! By all means, but please don't get your hopes up too high. I've had my heart broken too many times to count just from getting my hopes up so high and being crushed when a guy turned out to be straight.

10. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks to both of you! I have got hopes with it, but that,s the whole point. And don't worry, I keep my hopes in moderation. It's just that any times like this when I really do think he means something by these subtle little gestures that it is appropriate and almost healthy to get your hopes up slightly more. But once again, I know not to get them too high. :slight_smile:

11. Femmeme

Stop looking away when he makes eye contact!!! Just maintain eye contact and SMILE at him. If you aren't ready to actually talk to him at least do that!

12. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

OK, Femmeme, I'll try. :slight_smile:

13. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You just need to go and talk to him dude!

The past two summers I had a major crush on a friend of mine from work, he was incredibly frustrating. He never had a girlfriend ever since I knew him (still doesn't and we're both 16, met at 14) even his mom asked him if he way gay. One time at work he went to get ice cream and sat across from my game and stared at me and smiled while eating his ice cream. Frustrating much? He's straight though.

You just need to go and talk to him. Socialize. Get to know him.

14. tryhtwfr

It was half-term. He is happy because he hasn't seen his friends in a week and so is happy to be back at school. There can't be any other possible explanation.