1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell him...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Redd, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Redd

Out Status:
    Some people
    So I started dating this guy, and he's someone that I would really like to have a strong relationship with. The thing is, the only way I can really see that happening is if I'm completely honest and not hiding anything from him, right from the beginning. And I feel bad hiding things from people that might have relevance. So, what I need to tell him is that my last relationship (pretty much my only one) was with a girl. As far as he knows right now, I'm a girl who's into guys. And I want to explain things to him, I'm pretty sure he'd be ok with it (if not he's not worth it anyay), but I really just have no idea how to say anything or even approach the topic. I feel like it would be better to do it sooner rather than later, but at the same time I think it would be sort of awkward if it was too soon. Also, I don't really have any idea of what an appropriate time or place to say anything would be. If anyone has any advise, I would really really appriciate it!!!

2. IrishEyes1989

Hey Redd :slight_smile:

I've recently dealt with the exact same situation. I broke up with my girlfriend a while ago and I have met a guy that I really like and who really likes me. He and I have been talking for a while and one night it just came up in conversation (I think we were discussing sexual preferences or something like that lmao). I was just as nervous as you are to tell him that I am bi and that I had in fact been in a full-fledged relationship with a girl. But, just as in your case, I wanted to be completely upfront and honest with him about everything, so I told him. He was totally cool with it, which I was so relieved about. Like most straight guys he was like "That's actually kind of hot" haha. I was like "Oh, good!"

There really is no perfect time or place to reveal something like this, but you'll know when it's the right time. It will just feel right. And if he really cares about you, he will not be bothered by your past dating history or your orientation.

3. Redd

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks IrishEyes! That definitely helps :grin: