1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I put my foot down with my homophobic/racist stepfather?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sully, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Sully

My mums partner (not my step father but it's easier to say that) is over and within the last five minutes said they should reduce the worlds population and if it were up to him he'd get rid of black people, Muslims, gays and a few others and then finished up with the fact that be wants to there to only live in a society of white, heterosexual people.

I don't even know what to think.

If the asshole didn't say anything like this I wouldn't mind him, but he does and I HATE HIM!

I'm tossing up whether I should say straight up to my mum the he's not welcome in this house if he's going to be homophobic and rascist. What do you think?

Me and mum are really close, so she'll probably be annoyed but I guess will just have to tell him to bite his tongue around me if she wants him to continue to come to our house. Worth it or not?

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You can talk about it and say it bothers you, and you should, but you have no right to interfere with the lovelife of your mom or with who she invites in the house.

You can also directly argue with him about his statements, but in an adult way and not like throwing a tantrum like a baby.
    If you want to be taken seriously by this man, handle it with a certain dignity...

3. jimL

Yes, worth it. These kind of people are what makes this world a f@#$ up place. You should tell your mum that you are offended by his behavior and let her deal with this guy. This is unacceptable behavior for anyone.

4. Rexmond

Talk with your mum and tell her how you're feeling, and if you notice that he doesn't tone down a little, then by all means make him feel not welcome inside your house.

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I´m sorry, I read over the fact that tehy are at your house. :icon_redfI thought you lived at home.
    That changes the situation. I agree with them ^.
    Sorry again. I shouldn´t post and having breakfast at the same time.