1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now or never type thing... lets finish with this once and for all

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by STEVE1991, Jun 6, 2013.

1. STEVE1991

Ok so i have made a few psots here with my problem. In a nutshell, i love my best friend, was worried i wasnt being a good friend. He knows im bi, i asked him out two years ago he was ok, said no. Since then had overwhelming feelings there is something between us, never said anything, told me about this girl and been really encourageing to him to go for it with her.

Took some advice on here and im gunna say to him

I dont want this to be mushy and emotional but i just need to say. I completely understand that we've discussed that you are straight, and I respect that and wouldn't try to change it. If you ever did feel attraction, I'd be interested, but unless you were to approach me with that, I'm going to assume otherwise. I do care about you a lot, but I'm clear that it is as a friend and nothing more. I don't want it to affect our friendship, and I'll get over it, but the feelings right now just make things a little awkward, and I know that if we talk about it and you understand that I'm working on it, then I think things will be better between us as friends. I wish you all the luck in the world with (girl).

Thing is i wont see him for 9 weeks now, so ive got tonight to decide whether i text him that. (cant phone or talk in person) Otherwise i dont say anything at all!!

REally want to get this sorted once and for all EC. Thanks guys and girls!

2. The Dude

Good luck Steve, I wish you well! Let us know how it goes. Nine weeks apart sounds like a good way to let things cool off too, so it seems like a perfect opportunity.

3. STEVE1991

So do i send the text or should i just leave it?

Thanks guys =]

4. Dins3label

hmmm... that is really difficult. But to be honest I wouldn't send it.

He knows very clearly that you are bi. If he was interested, he would have made a point of it. You're not even going to see him for that long period of time anyways! I just see no overwhelming reason for you to send it.

And plus..

"If you ever did feel attraction, I'd be interested, but unless you were to approach me with that, I'm going to assume otherwise. I do care about you a lot, but I'm clear that it is as a friend and nothing more. I don't want it to affect our friendship, and I'll get over it, but the feelings right now just make things a little awkward"

This part is rather confusing. You backtrack over the fact that you have these intense feelings with promises that you'll get over it. If I was in his situation, I would just be very confused and I would feel awkward.

But ultimately it's your decision, those are just my two cents.

good luck!

5. LD579

If you think it would be beneficial to you to send it, then do so. You may wish to add as a 'disclaimer' that the message is almost as much for yourself as it is for him, if not entirely for your own benefit (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Really, I feel as though you're sending this as a fuzzy sort of closure between you and him, except it's not really closure as you're still trying to get over him. If you still want to send it, then it's entirely up to you, though.