1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

complicated

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Maxi, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Maxi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey

So were to start?
    I am a " in the closet lesbian" also know as a fake straight , and no one really important knows....

I new i liked girls from a young age but always thought iam bio so i never made abig thing about it.... always kept the straight face for mom and dad..

Then i got involved with a lovely man ..... Witch my parents love,adore and would kill me the day i break his hart... And then that big question came .. and all that i could think of was my parents ....And i said....YES .....i said yes.......WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so iam stuck in this lie of a life i made for myself.....but it is my parents .....i was and never will be there fav child but being a lesbian and dumping my fiance ,,,,,they will hate me.............

the little of my parents i do have i dont wanna loos....but i want happiness...

not a life that would die soon with my soul in a other mans hands

maxi

2. FemCasanova

*Hugs!*

Oh, Maxi. On the one hand, I completely understand that you want your parents to be happy. It`s natural that we want the best for the people we care about. But if you choose to live a life that you don`t want, one that will make you unhappy, unsatisfied, non-content in every way, then you are sacrificing your own happiness for theirs. Which sounds very noble, but in the long run will only cause your husband, potential children and your parents unhappiness. If you are unhappy, then it will spread. It will influence the man you`re with and your children. We don`t make other people happy by sacrificing our own happiness, we just contribute to there being a little bit more unhappiness in the world. The truth hurts straight away, but will heal. Living a lie can hurt for a long time, and without it ever being revealed, it will not heal. It`s like an open wound that doesn`t get a chance to close, to heal, to scar and then fade.

You aren`t stuck. You might feel like you are, but you can change anything with a bit of courage. Except your sexuality. I get that you feel that by being honest, you might lose your parents, but by living a lie you`ll lose yourself. They have their life, their choices, you were born to have your own life, to make your own choices and to do what you need to do to achieve happiness. We only get one chance at life, so we need to make the best of it!

Maybe they won`t understand, maybe they`ll be hurt at first, but they can heal if they choose to. If you marry this man, even though you know it`s not good for you, what about your children? What about the man? He`ll in time find out that you aren`t happy, and that will hurt him too. Probably more than telling him the truth would do now.

*Hugs* It sounds like a terribly difficult situation to be in! We`re here for you, so hang on in there, okay?