1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with my straight best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by awesomekid, Jun 7, 2013.

1. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Thanks for reading. Any advice will help. I am 24yrs old closeted. My friend and I met sophomore year of HS. We both played soccer. I didn't like him at first. I didn't even find him attractive. It all started about two years ago. We started getting really closed. I would always help him with whatever he needed. New year of 2012 I was drunk and I confessed my love to him via text. He didn't reply and when he did he acted as nothing was said. Times goes by and my feelings just start getting worse. I now love this kid. Ill do anything for him. I pay his phone bill I buy him clothes etc. Recently our friendship has changed. About two months ago I realized that he is addicted to painkillers "roxies" and I confronted him about it. He said that he would stop but he didn't. We argue so much day and night we tell each other that we hate each other then we start talking again. We started texting day and night. We would both send good morning/good night texts messages. And we would text a lot through out the day. I would also give him money for weed. He would tell me that I was the best, that I am a sweet heart. Keep in mind that he is still a virgin. There was this night when we were at a party and this girl literally wanted to have sex with him and he ran away. She literally told him "I want you to fuck me" in front of everyone and he hid himself. Also, since I stopped giving him money for weed I told him that I would pay him if he would send me nude pics of him which he ended up doing. I feel like he might be gay or at least curious since he doesn't ever talk about girls nor has he had a real GF. There were times were he would tell me that I knew s the right words to make him happy. A few days ago I went for it. I told him to be my life partner without having sex. I told him that if he gives me a chance I can make him happy. I said we don't have to label ourselves anything as long as we are both happy. He was hesitant and he said that he wasn't gay. I told him to forget about the labels and to give me a chance which he agreed to be my official partner and used :slight_smile: and:grin: however we got into a huge fight today and now we both hate each other. He said he was only using me for the money and that he is not gay. We both said some pretty horrible things to each other and I really don't think that things will ever be the same. I feel like he might be gay or curious and is trying to distance himself from me. All of this is killing me. I can't sleep and I am loosing my appetite. He is my best friend and knows me like no else does. Should I walk away and give him space? I also feel that he might be afraid of being gay. He feels really comfortable with me and I know him like no one else does. Also after he started distancing himself he told me he had a GF but didn't want to tell me because he didn't want to hurt me. I know it's a lie. He also said that he has sex with her but I feel like he is telling this so that I don't think he likes me or is gay. He is always smoking and doing pills do I know for a fact that he ever goes out with girls. My life is amazing is just this that is killing me. Thanks for reading

2. LD579

It really sounds like he's become financially dependent on you. I don't believe that he is into you at all romantically. You may have to remove yourself from him to function more healthily, as he's taking quite a toll on you in many ways.

It does sound like he's trying to distance himself from you, but not for why you may think. It sounds like he realizes that he's been using you, and does not want that to continue. Rather than force himself to quit drugs and being financially dependent on you, it seems as though he finds it easier to instead push you away, perhaps for the benefit of both of you.

3. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

@luthan thank you for replying. I kind of had figured that already I guess I was just too stupid to see it. One thing I forgot to mention was that one night we had a deep conversation till 4am. He confessed that I was an amazing person that he would love for us to move in together so we can talk like that all night. He even asked me to be his "gf" in a non gay way. I don't think any straight guy would ask a gay person that. Or maybe I am just reading to much into it

4. charmander

Usually In A situation Like this one, It's Easy to have immediate thoughts on things but that's Not A bad thing (Can be Depending on situation) But Try to really think and be sure what you think "I Don't think any straight guy would ask a gay person that" I Don't Either But just think it over and consider his situation as well.

Sorry If this Doesn't Make Any Sense,I Know what I'm trying to say I'm just having a hard time explaining it.

5. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

We haven't talked in two days. I feel like part of it is my fault, however I feel like him and I have overcome so many things before that we can both move on and start fresh. Right now I feel used, let down, sad, mad, angry and I really just want to forget about him completely. He blocked me so I don't call or text him. I have done so much for this kid (not that I expect anything in return) but just friendship, loyalty and a little bit of gratitude. We went from talking everyday to not talking at all. I miss him texting me good morning and good night text messages. Literally, whatever this kid wanted I would do for him. He meant/means so much too me. I feel stupid even writing this. I guess its a way for me to vent. I know he is still doing pills and smoking a lot of weed which concerns me but I the same time I no longer want to worry or care about him. He really is an amazing person. I don't know if its the pills that he is taking and maybe that's the reason he is acting the way he is or if its him. I really do miss him though. I just want this pain to go away. I just want to focus on myself and forget about him, our random conversations and all of the good memories we had together. I guess its hard for me to let go of the memories.

6. hypersonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    And what's the status now? It would help you to just give yourself and him some space and time to think things through. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten all the good things you've given and done to him.

7. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Status update. Him and I have t really talked much. And the few times that we've text were really bad. He wished death upon me, he said he didn't care about me and that he was using me all of this time. It was really bad. It got to the point that we were literally going to fight. He said that he was going to send me to the hospital etc. I tried reaching out to him a few days back and at first everything was great, but them things just ended up bad. We started hating each other cussing each other out etc. now I feel like he has this guard up against me. He doesn't want to be my best friend but rather my good friend. He thinks that if we call each other best friends that it is gay. We text today and we clarify everything. But we are no longer friends. He thinks that being gay is not normal and that got me upset. He also that me that he has a phobia towards gay people thanks to me. He also said that because I think he is gay that makes him feel awkward. I still think he may be gay and is afraid of admitting it. He is still doing pills and smoking weed. It hurst to see someone I care for go the wrong path. But I've realized that there is nothing that I can do for him. He can only help himself. I've tried and I've did everything you could think of to get him off pills. I lost my appetite Andover weight all because of him. I am now doing much better today. I can't say that I don't miss him, but I am starting to miss him less. Although he has done and said everything for me to hate him, I simply can't. I will always be here for him. I just can't believe that the one person I trusted the most would end up hurting this bad. I've learn that I only have myself and this did teach me a lesson. And not that any of you care but I am even considering on telling my family that I am gay. It'll make me feel better. Thanks for reading

8. arrow26

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This is just my opinion, but I think he probably isn't gay but was telling your what you wanted to hear because you paid for his expenses. It's almost like you are his sugar daddy and he will please you or tell you what you want to hear as long as you continue to pay his bills. Or like how, as long as you keep handing out the dollar bills, a stripper/hooker will say/do whatever makes you happy.

Money is a powerful thing. There's very little that people won't do for money (if the price is right).

I have a feeling he will come crawling back/warm up to you again when things get financially tight for him -- You say you will always be there for him, but I think it's a good idea if you do not help him out in any way financially. Give him emotional support or other kinds of help but never money!

9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, this sounds like "gay for pay." Honestly, neither of you are blameless in this unequal relationship. You were getting satisfaction out of him being dependent on you and sweet talking to you, and he was getting the benefit of being a paid companion (with no sex, even!).

Nothing what you have posted sounds like he is really interested in you romantically (even if he might be gay). You will always find little tidbits of information that fit your desire for him to be gay, but you should look objectively at the situation and be a friend first. If he doesn't want to be best friends, then accept his decision and don't become obstinate. Stop manipulating the relationship by adding money so you can see how he really wants to act around you. In the long run, you should focus on your other friends (or make new ones).

10. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Sounds like both of you are just using each other. It's a very toxic relationship/friendship as far as I'm concerned and should be ended ASAP for sake of the health of both of you.

11. Corsa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really feel your pain, I'm going through a similar nightmare and it is just that, a nightmare that affects every part of your life. I only wish there was an easy way out, it appears the waiting game and time is the only solution ...

12. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Thank you guys for your feedback. This situation is very difficult as it is very hard for me to let go of all of our memories from since we first met. I mean we had some really good times together. We both played soccer and partied together. I've realized that he was just using me for the money and I fell for it. But when you love someone you don't realize it. One thing I forgot to mention was that I ended up breaking his phone in front of him. The phone that I was paying for. I still think that he is a great guy things just got out of hand for both of us and I take blame for my mistakes. I should had never offered him money for naked pics. I also think that he is only acting the way he is because of the pills that he is taking. They are highly addictive and he can't get off them. Last time we talked he told me that he had stopped taking them. I them manipulated and he told me that he is not ready to stop taking them. Ever since he started taking those pills he has changed so much. I saw him yesterday as him and some of our friends were hanging out and we didn't even look at each other. It just felt so weird. And just so you guys know I am learning to move on I think of him less. I even blocked him so I don't call or text him and vice versa. I am now doing much better. To anyone going through the same situation I can honestly tell you that it sucks. But just be strong and keep yourself busy things will get better. "I can't wait for the day that I look at him and fe absolutely nothing."

13. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Update. We talked over the weekend. Well I actually text him since I had a dream about him and I wanted to make sure that he was ok. It's weird usually when I dream about him he is going through something. I am trying really hard to forget about him but at times I just can't help but think about him. We briefly talked for a while he than stopped replying back to me. Te next day he text me saying he didn't want to be my best friend because it causes a lot of drama and he doesn't know how I feel towards. I told him that I no longer care for him. Which is a lie. He also said that he didn't want me to get into his personal life. Meaning I can't tell him to stop taking pills. He has changed a lot since he started taking roxies. He has no control over them now. He can't stop taking them. Which kills me because I don't want him to overdose or for something bad to happen to him. He is also hanging out with people that do them. I know I don't have the power to stop him from doing it. Right now I feel like texting him but I am not going to do it. I have to be strong and just hope that for one he really does stop taking those pills. Thank you guys for reading.
    Reasons why I think he might be gay
    He asked me out to be his GF once
    When I asked him to be my partner he agreed
    He would tell me I was the best
    And that I was the best VFG volunteered GF
    When I would drop him off he would text me good night and he would tell me that he had a blast
    He said that I knew how to make him happy
    He would text me good morning everyday

14. fakeidentityduh

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    woahh.. i have a very similar situation going on. im 22 and closeted. to cut to the chase, i met this kid who is unable to drive due to a DUI, but he's also addicted to roxies. at the time we met, i had only casually been doing them, but eventually started doing them more consistently as i hung out with him because i was driving him around every where. i never really thought he was gay but i was initially somewhat attracted to him. we started hanging out more and more and more, and then my parents went and completely mindfucked me by telling me they think he's gay. keep in mind, im closeted and no one knows. additionally one of my best friends who's a girl also told me they thought he was gay. ever since then i began to entertain the thought, and i started falling for him more and more, but at the same time the drug problem worsened, and roxies soon became dope.

wow, this fuckin blows to be typing this all out.

anywho, we spend all our time together, i sleep over his house constantly, but we both talk about girls and im really not sure if he's gay or not, but its starting to drive me absolutely insane.

fuck.

15. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

We talked today and things are better now. I told him that if he would stop taking pills I would buy him a recording studio. He wants to do music. At this point ill do anything for him to stop taking pills. After a long talk he apologized for everything that he has out me through and for using me in a way. I will try to put all of my feelings to aside just for him to get clean. Although I am a bit hesitant about whether or not he is ready to quit. I truly hope he does. My feelings are still there for him and I just hope that one day they'll go away. I've never liked anyone else as much as I love him. Right now I should be happy that we are friends again but I still feel empty inside. I just hope I don't get depress again. I mean this time I just want him to get clean and if we don't talk after ill be ok with that. I guess when you love someone like I love him you want them to be happy, you want what is best for them, you'll do absolutely anything and everything for them. Idk if I am doing the right thing by talking to him again.

16. LD579

Er... It's up to you, but bribing him like that is not fair to yourself at all. You've already been drained by him emotionally and financially. What I've said before still stands. Could you not set him on his way through some drug intervention group or something? You could still be there for him as a friend, but buying him a recording studio is just reinforcing the fact that you'll be there for him financially. I had thought you didn't want that, and even if you did, it's not healthy for you.

17. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

So we've been talking this whole week and everything seemed fine. He told me he wanted me to help him get clean and I told him I would. We were originally suppose to get a room for a few days do he can detox. I honestly thought he wanted to get clean. He also promised me and asked me to believe and I did. Of course there was always that doubt. The doubt that turned out to be right. Today I realized that he never stopped taking them but I did t get mad at him. It seems that I am so stupid after he has lied to me a million times I always fall for his lies. I said this before but I am done with him. I haven't been able to focus on me much since all of this stresses me out. I still like him that has not changed. He also told me that he is still a virgin and that he lied to me when he told me he wasn't. I got a bit excited when he told me this but I didn't want to start liking him even more therefore I acted as I didn't care. I am changing my phone number tomorrow without telling him. Only time will tell if we talk again. As of fight now I don't care for him as he has lied to me so many times. Thanks for reading all of this mess I am now really trying to focus on me on things that make me happy.

18. LuvMyIB

Awesomekid... Please quit trying to "save him" I know that you love him by reading your post. Honestly, I'm not so sure that he loves you or feels the way you do. The DRUGS "Roxies" are talking for him, he is NOT in the right state of mind. Look I can only speak from experience you are going to get hurt...it's been 20 years since my best friend whom I was madly in love with commit suicide with herion. Though Roxies are not herion they are a bad drug to be addicted to. The pain that I live with day in and day out is gross. I wish I could have been her savior but she decided the drugs were more important. I was used and abused for years. I came from money she did not. I bought her drugs in hopes that her needles would remind clean. I was kidding myself for years from the age of 13-17 she was a full addict, I was just her "money giver!" She promised me she would stop, check herself in to a clinic but no such luck instead she felt the need to leave a suicide note blaming me for all her shortcomings. The day I received the letter in college was the day she decided to take her own life. Amazing how things turn out. I flew home to see the true love of my life dead from herion. Please brace yourself for what may happen to you. I am not saying he will kill himself but the guilt I feel still after 20 years kills me inside. If only I could have distanced myself prior to going off to college, I often wonder if she would still be here today. Maybe not with me but still here in the living. My heart is heavy and it saddens me to feel that this guy you love so much is going to blame you when he is unable to turn his life around....

19. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Thank you for your advice. I am sorry for what between your friend and you. I just hope that the same thing does not happen with my friend. I know how addicting the drug he is taking is. I do love him i cannot lie about that, but i would honestly do anything for him to get clean to stay off those pills. which from what i read they are similar to heroin. Even if him and i stop talking i just want him to get clean. He lied to me so many times and i am still there like an idiot hoping that for one day he realizes what he is doing to his body. I am trying to keep myself busy but it is hard to not think about him. I am also afraid that one day ill get a call saying that something bad happen to him. His addiction is really bad. Yesterday when i approached him about him lying to me he didn't even reply to me. Idk what is going through his head. I just want this pain and sadness that i am feeling to go away. It has been more than a year now that I haven't been myself all because of him. Although i do not blame him, i blame myself for letting it this far. He really is an amazing guy and i wish nothing but the best for him. I've made a lot of mistakes by giving him everything he wanted. I realized that when i use to give him money, i was not helping him. I was only making his addiction worse. I did learn something though. In general i am just a giving person. I realized that i am giving to the wrong people. and that the best way to help others is by doing nothing for them. They can only help themselves. As of today, i decided that i need to change my life, the way i see and feel about him. I need to stop worrying about him. I am strong, but sometimes you just want someone to hold you and to tell you that everything is going to be ok. thanks for reading again. Any advice or suggesting will help.

---------- Post added 5th Aug 2013 at 12:27 PM ----------

whyohwhy, i can related to your pain, to the way you are feeling. I feel used, lied to and all because of a pill a drug. I feel anger, hate, sick, you name it that is how i feel. I find it hard to believe that a pill has more power than me. I also find it hard to believe that people would act in such way, careless about peoples emotions. Im just an emotional wreck right now.

20. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

I have not talked to him in about two weeks. Unlike before, I don't even care to talk to him. I still think about him and hope that he is doing well. At times I wonder if he misses? The attention that I use to give him? Either way I am finally getting over him.