1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do relationships last????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by danbyization171, Jun 9, 2013.

1. danbyization171

How can a relationship last for so long?

Because i'm thinking wouldnt it get a bit boring when your seeing eachother practically all the time and even more if you live with eachother. Cus give it a couple of years and you'll have ended up talking about everything possible. And sooner or later your gonna get bored aren't you??

2. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    People aren't stagnate, they change over time. Life sometimes changes with them and they grow, and so there's always something to think and talk about. Think about family members and friends. Sometimes they're around a very long time.. do you just end up running out of things to talk about? I've lived and seen my siblings grow for 22 years now. And trust me, there's always something to talk about to/with them.

Romantic relationships shouldn't be too different. If it doesn't last very long or you do end up running out of things to talk about, it might just be that you don't click with the person very well. However, there are certainly more factors to this like romantic and sexual interest.

But then again, I'm sometimes like you and wonder how a relationship can last for so long. I've never exactly been in a romantic relationship before, so it's a bit harder for me to imagine.

3. Orpheus122

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A couple who trusts each other is a couple of success.Sometimes we need time even when we date someone we love.Like..even the most loved couples cant be together the whole time,both have life you and your partner.Do things together,but do not forget that you got life too,as a single person and you have to do somethings to satisfy yourself.Most couples make big mistakes like for example when they date someone,the stick with him and do nothing else,and of course then they kinda get bored.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Life never stops, it's always changing. New things are always happening, new people are walking into your life, and opportunities for new experiences are always coming up. That alone gives us plenty to talk about.

5. The above posters are right on.

But also, it's a balancing act. You spend time together to stay close, and you spend time apart to stay sane. If you have the right balance and you're with the right person, getting sick of them isn't really an issue.

6. AKTodd

Well, I've lived with my partner for most of 16yrs now and we aren't bored yet :thumbsup:

There's always new stuff going on that provides more to talk about. Always new stuff to do (this afternoon we're going to go see the new Star Trek movie with friends for example). Often old stuff that repeats regularly (errands and chores) and often that requires discussion because something has changed.

We are both working right now so there's talking about our day. Talking about whatever is going on with our respective co-workers/family and mutual or respective friends.

Life is going on all the time and that provides things to talk about.

There are also times when we just like to be together in companionable silence. And yes, there are times when I think we each need time apart just to be alone for a while (and I really mean just to be alone, not as an euphemism for masturbation). That's also a part of life.

My 2c worth,

Todd

7. danbyization171

So some relationships are true love and do last forever and some relationships just aren't true love and so don't last forever????

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone