1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just so frustrated

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by artcat, Jun 9, 2013.

1. artcat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love my mom. I really do. She has done so much for me, and is starting to be really accepting of my relationship. But, ive just about had it lately. My mom is very religious and feels guilty about any pleasure she experiences. She has had some trauma from her childhood that concerns me and she tells me about it frequently. She has been to several therapists, but none have seemed to help, and does not take the full dosage of her anxiety medications. She has a deep fear of dying and leaving us, and is almost constantly miserable. She complains that no one wants to talk to her or spend time with her, despite the fact that I talk to her for hours (sometimes late at night) almost daily. I love her and want to help her, but it seems like whatever I do is never ever enough to make her happy.
    I certainly have my faults, and but i just can't take it anymore.
    sorry for the vent

---------- Post added 9th Jun 2013 at 04:14 PM ----------

also if I don't upset her during the day, some one or something else most definitely will. I have tried to get her to seek help, but my dad has pretty much given up on trying to find something that will help (though he wants to help her too) because every other program hasn't helped yet. I feel so helpless and I have been starting to have panic attacks again, and i am getting snappy and short with her, my family, and my girlfriend