1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dustin Broke, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I need to ask you guys this but my mom recently said that since I' am not going to school or not working she said that I won't mature much anymore and basically my boyfriend Dusty will mature more and more and around 20 years from now he might think I' am like a kid since I' am the same as now and my mom said that Dusty might feel empty since I don't understand everything and I' am like a kid around 20 years from now. Also she said that a lot of times that they brake up with them even if they committed that they are together for life and even have a wedding ring. Basically I got Dusty a wedding ring that was around $300 when we first met online but I' am worried that will he really brake up with me and not want to be with me or will he stay with me even if I act the same as I' am today even 20 years or more from now. Dusty does work a lot so he has a lot of experience already and he would get more and more by 20 years or so. I just don't know if we would last forever until death aparts like we promised. I have done a lot of things for him like paying his food and buying him stuff he needs and paying so he can goto college or so and I hope we are together for life like he promised me.

2. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Do you guys think there's nothing to be worried about and we will be together till death aparts? Or will my mom be right and around 20 years from now there is a chance we will end up not being together as boyfriends anymore?

3. Joey4

Your mom is telling you that people without life experiences will not grow. You don't go to school and you don't have a job. If your boyfriend goes to school or has a job and he's out making moves while you're standing still, you'll probably grow apart. That happens a lot, when one person outgrows the other.

You're 28. Why don't you have a job?

And dude, you need to work on your English and getting your ideas out in a clear way so that people can follow what you're saying. That was somewhat hard to read and is probably why you haven't gotten any responses.

4. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    You can't worry about what MIGHT happen 20 years from now. Just enjoy what you have and let time take care if the rest. A job and education never hurt anybody though. But if you have reasons as to why you're not pursuing that, just be the best you that you can be. That's all you can do. But stop worrying about what the future can bring. Not a single person can guarantee their future anyways :slight_smile:

5. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Well I do have SSI and Medicade since I have OCD and turrets and also I take meds to help it. But my did say that if I volunteer then that would help me so I won't grow too far apart. Basically I can't work since if I did my SSI and my EBT will go down but she said I should volunteer so I won't be too far apart. But my question is that do you think that really in the way future that Dusty and I could brake up just because of this? How likely does this happen? All I know is that I have done a lot of things for Dusty in the past but I don't know if in the way future this will likely happen. Right now Dusty does love me a lot but I don't know when we end up living together if we will in the way future brake up. Or maybe he would stay with me but he would feel empty and feel like he is dating a kid.

6. Joey4

If that's the case, then I'll have to reiterate what Dakine said. You can't worry about the rest of your life today. All you can do is make all the right moves and decisions to help the desired outcome. Also understand that you won,t always make the right moves and decisions.

I'll add that if you have to ask if this is the right move, then it probably isn't. These things need to feel right and you should know.