1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help getting over a straight friend of mine

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bringus303, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Bringus303

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just finished my junior year of highschool and I've had serious romantic feelings about an acquaintance/mutual friend of mine for a little while. One of my very close, supportive straight male friends is in a typical garage band with some pals of his, and their drummer is a really cute sophomore who was in my gym class but I had never really talked to before. I mentioned him to my straight friend and he told me that their drummer actually seemed rather disinterested in girls and that I "might have a shot". Over the last few months I have worked up the courage to ask for his number and hang out with him amd his friends a few times, and now that classes are over we do things together fairly regularly. Anyway, a few weeks ago I came out to him and told him about my feelings for him and while he didn't seem bothered by it at all he did tell me he was not gay. I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point, because I'd like to think we've become fairly good friends by now but obviously he does not share the same feelings I have for him. I still really enjoy spendimg time with him and just hanging out but afterwards I usually just feel upset. Recently he came back from a party with a huge hickey on his neck, put there by a really attractive girl who I'm also friends with, and it was difficult for me to just laugh along with the rest of the "bros" about it when I was secretly just jealous and upset. Does anyone have any thoughts or words of advice for me?