1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how soon is too soon?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thedreamwatch, Jun 10, 2013.

1. how soon is too soon to get engaged?

most people I've heard talk about it say that you should wait at least a year. Well, it's been over a year now, but I'm still planning on waiting until fall-ish to really pop the question. we have known each other much longer than we've been together, we have experience living together, we've been through some extremely tough things, we've fought and compromised and dealt with money and having our own space and time together and separate and all that important relationship stuff. i know that some people will probably question getting engaged after only a little over a year and a half, but it feels right to me and that's what counts, isn't it? we have talked seriously about marriage and our future. we know where we stand on kids and careers and how we want to live and what we're going to do with our lives as a couple and as individual people.

so considering all those factors, is it still too soon?
    :confused2::shrug::help:

2. MerBear

I would have to say, If you seem like your comfortable and ready to do it and you feel as if your partner will be comfortable with it then go for it.

It doesn't hurt to try.
    If she does say no, you can wait until you feel is the right time and only you and your partner can really determine when it is the right time.

3. She won't say no haha
    I think she's just waiting on me.
    And I'm feeling good about it, so if I make this final decision to do it, I just need a ring and a plan.

I just have this little bitty voice in my head like "a YEAR?! most of the people you know waited at least two!"

4. MerBear

no. a year is fine. pop the question whenever your ready.
    I wish the best for you and her both :slight_smile:

5. Minx

It sounds like a proper time to pop the question.

1. You have experience living together.

2. You two have known each other longer than you have been together.

3. It's been more than a year, and it appears that both of you seem ready for this step in commitment.

I can't find a flaw. :3 The living arrangements, and time knowing each other before exclusivity are my biggest qualms about engagement in your early twenties, but you already have that covered.

I say go for it. :3

6. Thanks, everybody for the feedback :slight_smile:

I...I think I'm gonna do this. Probably in the next six months or so. Depends on if I can find the right ring and make a good plan.

That's an entirely different quandary I haven't even begun to sort out :lol:

7. MerBear

Good luck :slight_smile:

8. Thanks! (!)

9. MerBear