1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with the guys I like

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Steele, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Before I start I just want to put this out there: I've never been in a relationship with anyone and I've never pursued relationships with anyone.

All of the guys I've developed feelings for in the past (and today) have two things in common:

-1: I find them physically attractive
    -2: I see qualities in them that I wish were true about myself

Basically, in addition to finding the guys I like attractive, I feel inferior to them. And already, even without the guys I like, I struggle with confidence and self-esteem issues, so I'm not sure that would be good for me in a relationship.

However, with pretty much every guy I've liked in the past, I did get to a point where I began seeing some of those qualities I envied in myself and I stopped feeling inferior to these guys. However, when this happened, pretty much all of my feelings for them disappeared. I no longer felt like I wanted to be with them and I stopped finding them physically attractive.

I'm just worried that these issues won't translate well into a relationship. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on this? Thanks.