1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He wants me to visit him in America

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Victinii, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Victinii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have been talking to this guy online for just over a week and he is really attractive and has an amazing personality, but he lives in America and I live in England. After a couple of days of speaking, he told me that I need to come to America and I said I will. He kept on saying that and I kept on saying I will in a joking way, thinking he was joking and I thought he knew that I wasn't being serious as well. He wasn't joking, and now he thinks I am coming to America to see him this month or next. He has told his friends and family that I am coming down and they can't wait to see me. He has told me that he wants to be in a relationship with me but I don't want to be in a relationship with him; I would prefer him to be a friend rather than a boyfriend.

Things have happened so quickly and I am really taken aback by it. I have only known him for nearly 2 weeks and he wants to me to visit him. We have been on cam and spoke on the phone numerous times so I know he isn't a psycho :lol: (I think he isn't anyway) but I don't know how to tell him I don't want to see him. I don't know if I said things to him to lead him on because that wasn't my intention, but no matter how I tell him, it is probably going to upset him.

Any advice please? :slight_smile:

2. robclem21

Just tell him. You don't have much of a choice here. If he doesn't understand that the 3000 mile difference is clearly a huge barrier to being in a relationship than he is probably not someone you would want to be involved with in my opinion. Just stay friends. Additionally, someone that attached after 2 weeks is probably bad news anyways.

It doesn't say your age but it sounds like you are between 15 and 25. 2 weeks is barely enough time for most people close to each other to meet up after meeting online, let alone travelling across the world. Just tell him and I would look to meet someone more local if you are interested in a relationship.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my book, it would be pretty ridiculous to expect that somebody you've been talking to over Skype for 2 weeks would expect you to just jump on a plane and go see them. If he really believes you should do this... he might have a few screws loose. :slight_smile:

How old is the guy? How old are you?

4. Spurned

Spurned Guest

Yeah, as the others said, just tell him. I had a guy on Skype who said he wanted to marry me (also from America, and I'm in England) and he was gonna come down to see me. I got a girlfriend just a few weeks later and I had to tell him that I didn't feel the same. We still talk and he's moved on. Just tell him :slight_smile: (*hug*)

5. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah just tell him. I would just send him an email.