1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Straight Alliance

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 2112, Jun 11, 2013.

1. 2112

There's a Gay Straight Alliance at my school. Does anyone have any experience with one? I don't completely understand exactly what it is.

2. AaronMed

It's pretty much just an exercise in inclusivity - fighting stereotypes, encouraging everyone to be friendly and get along, etc. I know people who went to them, and though I never did, from what I hear they're great places to meet new people :slight_smile:.

3. smokey-knows-all

its usually mostly gay kids but straight kids go too and its to be accepting and such

4. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah its just to help straight people get to know gay people and help them out. I didn't join when I was in high school and I regret it. I think you should join and if anyone gives you crap just tell them you support gay rights but your not gay.

5. Forestiger

Out Status:
    All but family
    Kind of a support group type thing where you talk, meet people, and play games. We also do occasional community service type things. It's so much fun, I'm in one now. You should join, you'll make a lot of cool friends.

6. Vegas Guy

Hey whatsup man. Im17 almost 18 in couple months. Living in vegas too and just want to meet some cool gay guys.

7. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's one at my school and I haven't even given thought to joining. All of the people in it are well...weird. I'm not judging but they are. Besides my school is pretty homophobic, so it would just be kind of...awkward for me.