1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does everyone think I'm so ugly/unappealing?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Krilky, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not going to post a picture, but I can tell you I'm not horrendously ugly. I have fairly average personal hygiene, my hair is fine. My face is not great, but I've seen guys with far worse ones get prom dates and etc. I'm also in pretty good shape. But this doesn't change how people at school feel about me.

One time I was hanging out at school in the student center, being unnoticed. Some girls were chatting it up, and it was before prom, so they were discussing prom dates. One hadn't found a date and so they were trying to play matchmaker. Out of the blue, one, who clearly hadn't seen me, mentioned my name. For about five seconds, they kept a straight face, and then started cracking up. "Oh god, that would be so awful," etc. This is probably not because of my personality (at least I don't think so) because my best friend, who has a very similar personality, is a total womanizer, and because I have plenty of friends who (presumably) like my personality, including some female ones who I'm sure would agree with the sentiment.

I've always known I like boys more than girls, but I thought it was a phase, and so last year I asked a girl to prom. She said no VERY quickly and I saw her across campus with her friends later looking distressed, like, "Oh, that was so awful, that he asked me." But she clearly isn't repelled by my personality, because we're still friends.

Why is this? Is it something wrong with my body, or my personality, do you think? Please help! I don't want to die alone…(OK, maybe that's a tad dramatic, but still…)

2. stumble along

Well first off don't change yourself to suit other people, unless you're like a cannibal or something in that case yes.
    Me attempting to be funny aside, this is a hit hard to answer because of the first thing I said and because we don't know exactly what you look like or how you act.

Then again maybe they just weren't attracted to you? I know that when I talk about other people with friends we would exagerate our responses. I had a friend that we were doing this one time and he asked if i would be into him and I said something along the lines of "oh god no you ugly as Hell" which I didn't mean.

So my guess is that you weren't their type and they were up playing the situation. Then again it wouldn't hurt to tackle some problem spots in yourself ( like if you have a negative reaction to certain things or if you know you could take better care of teeth or hair or maybe get a stronger deodorrant or cologne or something )

But just make sure youre doing it for you and not anybody else.

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    when they were laughing about going to the prom with you, they were more likely refering to the fact that they thought they were "cooling than you". Don't let twats get you down. I don't know what you look like but If you think your not ugly then your probably not.