1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to ask her out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jordash, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Jordash

Okay, so I have this friend. Well actually she's my best friend. We do everything together.
    I really like her. And I'm pretty sure it's in a more.. romantic way than just in a friendship way, if you know what I mean.
    I'm attracted to her.
    She's the perfect package. She's everything I'd love to have in a girlfriend.
    But... she's straight.
    She knows I'm gay, and she's perfectly fine with it. Even encourages it in a sense of saying things like "Go ask that girl out, she's cute."
    She's very supportive.
    I straight up told her one day that if she were gay, I'd definitely go after her.
    She just laughed it off and made light of the situation. But she said if she was gay she would definitely like me back. :slight_smile:
    The other night, she was asking me a lot of questions about being gay and what it's like to be with a girl. So... maybe she's curious about her own sexual orientation?
    Her last boyfriend basically cheated on her and broke her heart. So... maybe she's just looking for a rebound or something?

Okay, I'm sorry if this was all over the place. But I think that's enough information for you guys to give me some good feedback.
    So my question here is, do you think it would be okay for me to ask her out on a date? Like a real date where I pay for dinner and a movie and we both wear nice clothes and I bring flowers and pick her up, a really traditional first date.
    Even if it doesn't lead to a relationship with her, I'd still love to do it.
    But.. should I? Or do you think it would ruin our friendship?
    Any kind of help would be great. Thank you for your time.

2. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think it would ruin your friendship. But I don't know if I would do that if I were you. She might go on the date and it will probably be really fun and great, but at the end of the day she is probably straight. And the date would just make your feelings for her greater which could end badly if she's not gay too.

If I were you I wouldn't ask her on a date unless she gave you more signs of being interested in girls. I don't think those were enough signs, she was just curious on what it's like to be gay.