1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How shall I handle this girls' trip?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rachael222, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Rachael222

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm off tomorrow of a little holiday with my friends. Super excited, and it's going to be really fun. One of them knows of my "non-heterosexuality" and she's fine with it, and another is highly suspicious. So coming out to them wouldn't be problematic. The other two are a little trickier, one is pretty homophobic and uses gay-related things as an insult literally 10 times a day. Not sure about the final one, we're not so close, so I don't care that much.

Now all these girls are boy mad, which is fine, I imagine I'd be boy mad if I was straight. I just don't know if I can deal with more nights chatting to men in bars who I DON'T FANCY for the sake of blending in. First world problems, I know, but what do you think my best move is? I'm happy to wingman my friends, but I often come across as an asshole to men who hit on me, because I'm literally just trying to get them to stop hitting on me. Should I tell any such men that I have a boyfriend? Or explain to my friends my reasons, and then I can just tell the men I'm gay but hey look at that girl over there maybe you should try with her? I'm kind of reluctant to come out on our trip for fear of making it awkward, and because 1 of these girls is a notorious loud-mouth and so I don't know how long my secret would remain a secret publicly if I was to make that move.

Thanks

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could just say you aren't interested in hooking up, but it's fine with you if they do.

It seems like a lot of straight guys nothing short of being rude will get them to back off. It really bothers me too.

3. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All my friends thought I was just really fussy with guys and I would t get with one unless I really fancied him, and get with and flirt with girls just say to you friends next day like oh god I was drunk last night! Haha or just be like its holiday I'm experimenting :wink: and make jokes about it, if you don't wanna come out :slight_smile: jut an idea x