1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knowing if a guy like you and making the first move

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by heroscome, Jun 12, 2013.

1. heroscome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I met a guy named "Nate" during finals and the last week of my sophomore year. I was sitting in the library my friend Sarah, and Nate sat with us because he knew Sarah. Nate sat in front of me and he was staring at me at most of the time and every time we make eye contact, he quickly diverges and looks somewhere else. We started to talk and I mentioned how I wanted to smoke, and he told me that he was gonna smoke after studying and offered me to join him. But my usual smoking buddies texted me that they were smoking and I joined them and left. When i was leaving, Nate seemed disappointed.
    We started seeing each other in the library because we sat in the same table with Sarah. During this time period Nate made a lot of gay sexual innuendos. Such an example was that he was talking about how good looking one of my professor is and his nice ass. And some of this seemed to be intended towards me. One time we were talking about how im a vegetarian and i asked him if he would ever give up meat. He replied that he likes meat in his mouth to much to ever give it up while directly staring at me with a sexual gaze. He also says a lot of thing under his breath and always catches me off guard. I remembered one time that he rapidly said that he would like to cuddle with me during a thunder storm. When i asked him to repeat what he said because he said it in such a rapid manner that i couldn't process it. Nate quickly changes the subject and gave a tiny smirk towards me. He is also very attentive towards me. For example, he saw that my ear buds in my gummy head phones are mismatched, he gave me a pair of his the next day. And when i finally smoked with him, we was asking me the whole time if i was okay. When i met some of his friends who we were about to smoke with, they asked him if i was his friend. This kind of left a mark on me because his friends were insinuating that i might be more than a friend. (i might just be over analyzing this)
    One night when i was walking back to the dorms with Sarah, she mentioned that Nate was hitting on me. Sarah does know that i am gay, and i did not know how to react. So i just ignored her statement and gave a little smile/blush. This stuck to me because I haven't actually been hit on by a guy before, so i wouldn't know what to expect or how to tell if i was being hit on.
    I feel like i wasn't very receptive to any of his moves. I think one time he tried to make me give out my number to a girl, maybe to see if i'm gay or not, but i'm not sure. I really do like him and i don't know if he actually likes me or not.

So my question is, was he really hitting on me?
    Do you think that he is gay?
    If so, What should i do?( should i facebook message/text/call him)
    And am i just over analyzing everything?????!!!!???

IM JUST CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED AT THE SITUATION IM IN!!

(BTW meeting Nate and maybe wanting to start a relationship with him next semester, gave me the confidence to come out to my best friend. She was the only person that i came out to so far)

2. Gem4630

Gem4630 Guest

Hi :slight_smile: I was just reading this post and noticed it was from a few months ago and I thought I would ask how you got on with the situation? I'm going through a pretty similar situation just now at work with a guy but I would say its like the opposite side from you so I would say I would be like a version of Nate if that makes sense lol I'm quite forward in trying to let this guy know I'm interested but similarly to you; he will react only slightly or give subtle hints. There are some other things he has done to make me think he does like me but again I'm put back into the same situation as you; doubt and fear lol.

What I would say to you is that if Nate is anything like me he probably REALLY likes you but is too scared to make the first move so he may want you to do it, or even really confirm for him you guys are on the same level. That's down to you really how you play it. Try and get a situation where it would be just the two of you and see how it goes :slight_smile:

3. Mhin

If I will base on your story, his moves really tell that he is hitting on you, but as what many people will say, you will never know it unless you ask him, but dont too serious :slight_smile:. Never afraid to ask if you are really eager of knowing the answer :slight_smile:. Goodluck

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should hit on him back! What is stopping you from reciprocating? Do you like him?