1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting worried!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayTeen, Jun 13, 2013.

1. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I had a plan to come out to my parets by letter. Everything was fine until actually wrote it. Now that I've written it all down, I'm stressing out real bad and worrying about what they'll say when I give it to them! What should I do? Can someone please help me get out of this stress, or at leat comfort me?! :help:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have no specific reason to expect a bad reaction (such as previous comments about gay people, etc.) then you will need to just do it.

I see that you are from Arkansas, what is the general attitude toward gays over there (more particularly in your immediate vicinity)?

3. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They've never made very many homophobic comments, so I guess it's more me worrying than actual risk.

I live in the "city". As long as you don't venture into the rest of Arkansas, you won't run into much trouble.

4. eatsleepclimb

Even though they might be surprised and a bit upset at the beginning, most parents come around quickly and realize that it's all ok :slight_smile: I came out to my parents about 2 months ago and they were kind of upset at first, but now they are getting much better and even trying to convince me to come out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Good luck! keep us updated btw :slight_smile: