1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Like an 11Year old; I'm 13?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Jun 14, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

This thread is about my crush, but I can safely and without a shred of doubt assure you that it is not a thread explaining that he looked at me, smiled at me or anything. He has been looking at me and sort of smiling at me, but I have acknowledged the advice that I shouldn't create another thread about that unless I am 100% sure it is significant, and means something. I still think it means something, but not 100% sure. So here starts the thread:

A girl I am acquainted with who knows my crush somehow figured out that his birthday is on the 29th July. She says she is pretty sure that it's that date, so at least now I know his birthday. And my birthday is the 15th August, making me the zodiac (star) sign of Leo. And I just looked it up that the birthdays of Leos range from the 23rd July - 22nd August, making him a Leo as well. That made me think that me might have some things in common and have a similar personality.

But then I started thinking that because he's in Year 7, he's either 11 or 12 depending on his birthdate. And because July 29th has not yet occurred this year, he is definitely 11. I know that it wouldn't make much of a difference if he was 12, but just the thought of going out with an 11 year old seems a bit, unusual.

Do you think that it really matters that he's 11 (12 in just over 1 month) and that I'm 13 (14 in ,wow, two months tomorrow)?

Thanks!

2. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To be honest, and I don't want to sound condescending, I really don't think a 12 year-old is capable of knowing what's right for them relationship-wise. At 12, I was still convinced I was straight. And you don't even know that he's gay, he just smiled at you. I smile at people whom I'm not attracted to all the time. I smile and wave at my friends when I see them.

See, it's not the age difference here. ANY 11 year-old going out with someone is unusual, even if they're both 11 and both heterosexual.

And ASTROLOGY? If your intellectual maturity is such that you honestly believe that the date of someone's birth relating to the alignment of objects millions of kilometers away in any significant way affects you, then you're definitely not ready to go out with anyone, 11 or otherwise. The only possible way that astrology could be valid is that seasonal changes have slight effects on babies, but not enough to have something in common with someone.

OK, that last bit was a little harsh. My point: don't go out with him.

3. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Why shouldn't I go out with him? And I would appreciate it if you just answered the question instead of bringing things up that I said I wasn't going to refer to.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2013 at 05:16 PM ----------

And he's not my friend, he's a stranger, and don't,t bring that up either.

4. tryhtwfr

No, it doesn't matter but remember humans have an option of saying yes or no so don't assume that if you somehow in the future muster up the courage of talking to him with an evident connection that he will necessarily say yes to going out with you or having a relationship.

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What would you like to hear? Cause anything else will be attacked...

The age difference has no meaning, since it´s not likely you´ll be asking him out soon or anything. By the time you picked up the courage, he´s probably 13 or leaving school and some girl will have his attention, or some boy.
    You will be the hurt boy that hates him now.
    He won´t even notice.

Now you come up with a scenario....

6. MerBear

You zn ask him out but he won't be the only one you'll date believe me.
    You got your whole life ahead of you to date

7. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I don't want a scenario, I want an answer, and you've answered it. If anyone wants to say anything more than the initial question of does the age difference matter, then I wouldn't bother making a comment.

8. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People, including me, usually see a bigger picture and try to answer in context which sometimes leads to painting the bigger picture, even if you don´t want to see it.

This is a open forum and other people that are in a similar situation or have a similar problem can read it to get some answers too. And something like: 11 and 13 is too young for anything or 11-13 is okay, is just not a complete answer, cause it depends on situations.
    In your situation, we are talking about someone who is either extremely shy or just afraid to fail, but anyway not willing to take action, while some other person of thirteen, might want to take action.

That person can benefit from the answers.

So although you started the thread it´s possible that others want to read it to get some insight.
    And no, you don´t need to comment if you don´t want to.
    Someone who is reading the thread, including you, can do what they find fit with any answer/info....

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2013 at 08:51 AM ----------

If you want to hear about astrology: I know three Leos that had very young boyfriends/girlfriends (including my boyfriends´ex), like with a huge age difference, but they are all over thirty.
    So, you might want to see that as if it is logical that you would fall fot a younger boy, but so would he... later on... if you look at it from that angle.:icon_wink
    (I think it´s coincidence...)

9. Gen

Gen

Regardless of the fact that you are 13, I am confident from the way you use your words that are mature enough to be a respectful individual.

These people may not have given the exact answer you were looking for, but they were very respect and tried their best to give you what they felt would be the most helpful advice. It is complete inconsiderate and unbecoming to be so rude to those who have taken the time to read your thread and offer advice to the best of their ability.

Just a Though.

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't see that big an issue with the age difference...you're both pretty young, here, and a difference of, what, maybe 18 months? is not any big deal, especially considering the different rates at which people mature. It's certainly not something to feel guilty about.

If you want to ask him out, ask him out, if it feels OK to you. I was 13 when I had my first 'date', though it was with a girl, and she was maybe a year younger, but she was the more aggressive one...me, I kinda wanted to date her brother, instead, but I was way too scared to even think of that :slight_smile:

Try not to worry, here...even if he's not interested, you have a lot of chances ahead of you...especially given you've come out to yourself at 13. That's very brave...it took me at least until I was 16-17.

#10 HuskyPup, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  11. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think the age difference is too big. I've heard 'within two years' as the guideline for teenager partners' age differences, and you two are within that.

I'm more concerned about you basing your assessment of his likely personality on astrology, personally, and the fact that you don't actually know what he's like. I would recommend you befriend him before deciding whether you want to take it any further. That way, you can base your assessment of him on something real.

12. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good points. Best to be friends first, and see how you get along. Astrology can be a bit unpredictable! Unless you're dealing with Scorpios...then, be careful :slight_smile:

13. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're looking to astrology to determine if he likes you or not? Sorry, dude, but that's not going to work. I know many other guys...and girls...who are Sagittariuses and we are NOTHING alike. It doesn't work that way.

I really do think you should just forget about him, unless you plan on talking to him. It's unhealthy to overthink these kind of things. The fact of the matter is that you will most definitely go out with other guys when you get older and you'll forget about this kid. I know you've posted before saying that you want him to be your partner for the rest of your life but you are 13! You've got years to meet other guys.

It also is very rude and inconsiderate to ignore what people are saying. We're all trying to help you but you refuse to listen.

14. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Don't be stupid! I'm not looking to astrology to see if he likes me or not. I'm looking to it to see if we might have some things in common. You might not believe in astrological horoscope readings, but that doesn't mean that you should insult me and mock my beliefs, and who says in isn't going to work. I read my horoscopes every day, and most days my reading mirrors my day.

15. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wasn't mocking your beliefs? I'm just saying that just because two people have the same astrological sign doesn't mean they will be compatible. And all logic says it won't work. Seriously dude the best thing to do to find out if you guys have things in common is to...talk to him! I met a guy on Monday...he's hot, funny, nice (and he's 15...so he's younger than me). How did I find this out? I swallowed all my nerves and talked to him. That's what you need to do. Talk to him!

16. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You really feel you need to start a reaction that way? Why are you so angry?

I think you should look up "Self-fulfilling prophecy".

I get it that you are trying to find some guidance, but please try to get that from actual people. They give feedback that is relevant to you and your situation, and not to some characteristics that millions of Leos might have in common, if you get my drift.

You promised us, some time ago, that you would try to say something to him. Now go and do it.

17. stumble along

Well I'm going to answer the only question there seems to be in your thread, No I don't think it matters about the age difference, what matters is this:

1. Both of your maturity levels, which honestly, you dont show much of other than you have a good grasp of language, your emotions have been consistently shown to not be in check despite everything, and if his maturity levels are up to par, you blowing up in his face and calling him names like you are doing here will land you your first break up pretty fast.

2. The highly unlikely event that you actually talk to him. The phrase of talking the talk but not walking the walk could apply here. You've said you would talk to him or at least try, and have not done so, despite the numerous times people (one person particularly comes to mind) telling you in multiple threads.

You won't go anywhere if you dont talk to him, if you want it you go for it despite everything else.

If not let him go because clearly you aren't going to do anything other than look from afar , judging meticulously every detail, and asking why nothing happens.

Coming from a fellow Leo.
    And if you like astrology then you should also consider two other signs, your moon and rising signs

#17 stumble along, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  18. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

OK, mocking a serious and major belief of several pagan and eastern religions and theologies, and a serious minor belief of mine, Bobbyism, is NOT okay, Kay. Bannana. Person. It's okay to mock somthing that negatively effects you, like Christian homophobia, but that's something that hurts people. You do not say that someone is intellectually immature if they hold a religious belief. I don't even call homophobic Christians intellectually immature. It is just you being an Asshole if you are going to insult someone because they believe in something you don't.

Do you understand me, Bannana.:***:

---------- Post added 15th Jun 2013 at 07:56 AM ----------

And the other people mocking astrology in this thread.

19. Mystory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is so embarrassing.

20. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "Bobbybobby99. We´re not mocking astrolgy, we are telling that in this particular situation it is not going to help him. Cause it isn´t, unless you can proof otherwise, than please do, so he can be happy.
    Also it´s too vague, just a sun sign. If you are in to astrology, you have to know that...
    It´s not like there are only 12 kinds of people.