1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Friend/Crush is Moving...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SeaMist, Jun 14, 2013.

1. SeaMist

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a rather intense crush on this girl in my grade. We're really good friends, and understand each other in ways that others do not. Even just as a friend, she was my lifeline a lot this past year.
    She knows I'm a lesbian because the first girl I came out to told her. No one knows that I like her (except for me), and I'm wondering if I should tell her.
    Here's the thing, though: normally, I wouldn't think of telling her, but she's moving a lot of states away, and while it's possible that I'll see her again, it's really unlikely. She's going away on the 20th, and we're getting together on Tuesday.
    I don't want here to look back on our friendship with a skewed view, but I'd sort of like her to know, even though she's straight...
    Advise would be appreciated. :slight_smile:
    Thanks!

2. Gen

Gen

If I am going to be completely honest, I think the proper time to confess that to here has passed. (*hug*)

As you have said, it is very unlikely that you will be able to see her anytime in the near future. Even if she took it well, I don't think that there would be a possibility of telling without created a skewed view of your memories of friendship. I would just part ways and cherish the amazing friendship that you two had. You will both have plenty of time for love in the future.

3. ioden

I think the same. Since she's moving away, she may become very confused about how she should view her friendship with you. I wouldn't reccommend telling this through the internet either. It's best to talk about if she comes back. But if she doesn't, then there's nothing to do than keeping her friendship even if distance keeps you away from her.

4. SeaMist

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks so much for the replies!

5. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that telling her would make her stay or make her a lesbian, so I don't see the point in that.. But if you think that she might feel the same way then you should tell her.. Maybe she is just closeted! You never know..

After that, it's your choice and nobody can stop you if you really want to tell her.