1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!! He is confusing me!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LoveMeForMe, Jun 14, 2013.

1. LoveMeForMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, im new to this but i decided to join to gain others opinion on my....problem. First i have a huge crush on this guy i didn't even like at first. But now its like i love him so much. My secret got to him without me telling him. my friend did and i was mad. The boy i like said he was ok with it and that we still cool but after we went through alot of problems. we used to hangout with our other friends. there was a total of 7 of us but they all graduated or moved. he has put himself out as straight but he treats me soooo different then he treats others..... sometimes he treats me like a female which annoys me. but he talks to me different then anyone else. apparently when im around he is so hyper but when im not he is calm. He always give me this nervous smile when ever he plays with me and i play back. He annoys me so much and he does it on purpose. He gives off so many signs but i told myself not to jump to conclusions but after awhile me and his closest friends came to me and said they think he likes me. He never said it but they think he treats me a different way. He jokes alot but when im around he ALWAYs jokes on me.... of course he is playing though... but anyways what do you all think because he is sooo confusing. one of my friends think i should wait till the new school year to start when none of our mutual friends will be around anymore. they think he is scared to say anything. He knows i like him. He is a little younger so if he is bi/gay then he could be hiding it.... but he is confusing. also he likes making me mad because he knows how to... he even tries to make me jealous by saying things like "you just mad cause i like her". i dont kno what to think. i want to get over him but people keep saying he may like me so its hard. What do you all think? Could he like me from wht you read? if you want to ask a specific question about the situation then please do. But please help me. he confuses me.:bang:

2. MrBrightside

It does sound like he may like you, and its entirely possible hes not comfortable with his sexuality so could be hiding it. Does he give off any other signs of liking guys at all that could help you figure out if he might like you?

Im going to offer a cynical possibility too, and this may be entirely rubbish but consider it. I have found that some guys who know im bi act differently to me now than before, and a couple have tried to get close to me and act all happy arround me but depressive at other times. There is no feeling in any of these cases, but since im different, then they act differently to me.

I would advise you tread with caution, but if the signs keep coming and you want to make a move, do so discreetly incase he is just closeted. Bear in mind also that making a move can change and end friendships so weigh it up beforehand.

Hope this helps a bit.

3. SomeNights

He could be...or he could just be uncomfortable. it's hard to tell esp from your perspective, because you are focused on all the "could be"s and not the "could not"s

You could always get him alone and ask him?

4. LoveMeForMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He doesn't really show signs of likinng other guys, he only acts tht way to me. i always thought he could just be doing tht because i am different. but he shows alot of care for me even though he doesnt say so himself. he asks about me but he's just different. noone else who knows acts so..... annoying and childish really like he does but it is a possibility i may be wrong.... no assumptions here though..... i could just be reading to much into it.

5. SomeNights

i have a "friend" that used to act like that. Next time he "jokes" on you, call him out on it and see what he does.

6. LoveMeForMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Um Sorry but wht do u mean call him out on it?

7. SomeNights

Well, for me, the said friend would use gay jokes openly in front of me to piss me off. So to "call him out" i pulled him aside and told him with quite a bit of force to stop and knock it off.

In your case I'm more interested in the reaction. My friend tried to justify himself, so I took it as he wasn't interested and was genuinely just giving me shit.

8. LoveMeForMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ohhh if thts it then ive done something like tht already.... after awhile he would say something all the time in front of the friends tht know the situation and i asked him also infront of those friends "why do u always say something about me" or " why my name always in your mouth" he would either just look at me then shut up.... or he would ignore it and pretend he didn't hear me.....then i would repeat it if he continued and the same results.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2013 at 07:57 PM ----------

Also sometimes my other friends would joke about me and him and he would laugh.....the first time he laighed nervously but now he laughs regularly to those jokes about me and him...... one time when my friend dropped me off he would play this phone app tht said things like "you gon suck on this long ****" and stuff similar but when he played it i flicked hiim off the we all started laughing but after my other friend told me tht the one i like was laughing about it the entire 10 min drive..... i guess because when i flicked him off it went with wht the app says a..... but he just kept laughing about it

9. SomeNights

Who knows then dude, I'd say ask him. What are your reasons for not asking him flat out?

10. LoveMeForMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I could be Wrong and it could ruin a close friendship.....

11. SomeNights

Well, you could always take lex's approach:

Honestly, I truly think the only way you are going to ever find out is by asking him. Pretense it with a "Hey, I've got a question for you, but no matter what the answer I still want to be friends"

I mean if he already knows that your bisexual that makes it a lot easier. Plus, I can't tell from your original post, but if he knows you have a crush on him, you might as well get it out in the open make things less awkward on the both of you

12. LoveMeForMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    he knows i do and thank you.... i will think about everything you told me.... its just the last time i tried to take 'time' away from him.... he got really defensive about it.... he got mad cause i didnt wanna be friends for a little until i cleared my mind..... but i will consider asking him as an option.... it seems easier....again thank you