1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm lonely but afraid to date

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jake v, Jun 15, 2013.

1. jake v

I confuse myself so much sometimes. I want a man in my life. I want that guy that will take my hand in public and tell me he loves me. I want a serious relationship that lives as long as I do. Yet, I am so apprehensive on dates.

One big problem is it seems I can only find sickos online, usually the third question is "how big are you?" I hate people like this. I think a lot of this comes from me being "a gay" virgin and I truly want my first time to mean something.

I guess my question is how do I find another guy with actual morals. In the initial conversations they all seem nice then turn out to be loopy.

2. KnownSecret

I myself am about the same as you, lonely but afraid to date. I think you should take it slow, if you get creeps from the internet try and find a different site or different method all together to find people. Finding the right person is a long process, doesn't matter what your sexual orientation is. If you keep searching and never give up eventually you will find someone, it just takes time! Just keep yourself out there and keep talking to people, eventually you will find someone that you enjoy their company. I don't have to much advice, just what I have stated above, because I myself have yet to find me someone that I just love being around. I haven't even put myself out there so your already farther a long then I am. :wink: Just keep your head held high and eventually someone will see you and just want to be around you and with you. :wink: (at least thats how I hope things go for you, me, and everyone else). Good luck I hope you find the guy your looking for!

~Zack~

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stop shopping online. Go out and meet real people. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. jake v

I love meeting people and just talking. The problem is I live about an hour from any city that has a resemblance to a tolerant place. I tried the gay bars but tranny shows and guys groping me didn't quite work for me either. Luckily I met an awesome gay guy, engaged, I'm hoping he can show me the ropes of meeting guys.

5. gingerincloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am in a situation like you. I live in a very conservative town, about an hour from any bigger city, that is not that tolerant and everyone knows everyone elses business before they do. I dont know how to meet real guys, but at the same time, I want to meet guys who understand I am not out to many people. I hope your newfound friend helps you!

6. j21b

j21b Guest

Yeah that's pretty much my situation exactly. It's not easy.

7. jake v

I think I making a new resolution, I'm going to force myself to go on dates. Obviously I'm gonna meet people I'm not going to mesh with but who knows. I'm tired of just being whiny and sad. The first chance I get I'm going and forcing myself to meet someone new.

8. gingerincloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    great idea! I wish I was confident enough for that! hope it goes well for you :slight_smile: