1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

woman troubles

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Split Arrows, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Split Arrows

I have been talking to my woman about some of the dilemmas I face as a Bi man. Mainly we've been talking about how I have a hard time with being in a monogamous relationship because I feel like whether I'm with a man or a woman, I have to deny myself part of my sexual identity. This is made even harder because I greatly desire to have a family (yes, I mean kids, white picket fence...the whole 9 yards) and know that the only way I can have a child with someone is in a hetero relationship. She said that she worries that she is holding me back from experiencing life the way that I need to, but I don't feel like this is the case. When I responded that if I felt that I needed to be with a man right now, I wouldn't be talking about it, I'd already be gone, but that didn't seem to reassure her at all.

I am looking for advice on how I can approach her with these thoughts that are racing through my head without her feeling like I'm unhappy with her or our relationship.

Also, does anyone have any advice on how I can be happy in a monogamous hetero relationship without "missing out". I have no interest in bringing in another person or sleeping around, because I feel that, regardless of gender, cheating is cheating.