1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay boy love his best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Boy, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Boy

Boy Guest

Hey, sorry if I write something wrong, I'm Brazilian. So let me explain you my history.
    I have this guy that I'm in love with, lets call him X. I told X that I was gay a few months ago and he really supported me, he is the only one that knows that I'm gay, everybody thinks that I'm, but he is the only one that I came out. He's my best friend I tell him everything and he tells me everything. We are about the same age, 15, both of us already had sex, he with a girl and me with boys. I tell him when I'll have sex, he never asks me for details, but he knows. He's always talking about girls, he's really straight.
    I'm in love with him and I don't want to be. Because sometimes we are so close that I fell like I'm going to kiss him. So I don't want to be away from him, I don't want to tell him that I love him, because I'm 99% sure that he won't love me back. He's really important to me, I don't want to screw our relationship up. Are you able to give some advices about how to get over him ?
    I haven't came out for my family yet, because I know my mom is kind of homophobic. It's even more hard to be a gay boy in a small town in Brazil.

2. Corradino

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Boy,

Falling in love with someone we are close to is quite common, so don't feel alone. I feel that strong friendships are in some ways a kind of relationship, usually without the sex element. Are you worried about his rejection or how it may affect your friendship?

If you are close i'd recommend telling him that you have feelings for him, yet you appreciate he is straight and you will not come onto him or anything, but just wanted him to know. If he is a close friend his perception of you shouldn't change.

See how you feel after this. He may be able to help you come out to other people.

Best of luck

3. Boy

Boy Guest

I'm worried if it'll affect our friendship, but he's a really close friend and I'll try to tell him that soon, I don't think my feelings for him can end up on something more, but only if I try to tell him I'll be able to know what it'll result.
    Thanks for giving your opinion about it.

4. SilverGirl

hello and welcome!

first of all let me tell you that you are very brave and im sure telling him was very hard! but the fact that he is supportive is a huge step! especially how in this country some people are still very homophobic and will do their best to ruin your life

i completely agree with Corradino, if he is already supportive of you, i think it shouldnt change much, but of course just tell him even though he doesnt share the feelings, you can just be friends!

5. Corradino

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :icon_bigg