1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Lesbian Relationship and She Broke My Heart

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 2ndsthebest, Jun 17, 2013.

1. 2ndsthebest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When we first met it was very awkward and weird but as we continued to communicate and hangout with one another we were inseparable. She was 8 years older than I was. We were together everyday and practically lived with one another. When we weren't spending the night together we would hang out until the morning or Skype. We were two completely different people but the feelings that I had for her are indescribable. The times and a moments that I shared with her were the best.

Her friends hadn't been too fond of me because I was younger and a host of other reasons but we made it work. I met her family and friends and was always with them. Being in school at the time I was not around my family and my friends were as busy as I was completing our senior year of undergrad. By month 2 she was ready to move in with one another. I was not totally against it because I saw it as being roommates and she was very motivated and ready but I was also very cautious and did not know what to do.

She had a temper and I dealt with it. We started arguing and having disagreements uncontrollably. I abruptly broke up with her because it all began taking a toll on me. I just needed space. We were together all of the time and we could never be on the same page in regards to our issues.

The break-up lead to more arguments but we eventually were able to speak on a daily basis and sometimes see one another. She would get frustrated with me and we would argue but I needed the space and the peace and needed to focus on graduating. We would speak everyday when we weren't arguing. She persistently tried to get us back together and we worked on it.

We had been broken up for 4 months and up until 2 weeks ago everything was fine. She was telling me how much she loved me and spoke about having babies and getting married and moving in with one another. Then she abruptly started acting weird.

I found out the she is dating a girl that I know (as of a couple of days ago) that is 11 years younger than her and went to school with me. Saying that she's in love and they're in love and saying all the things to her that she said to me.

I have completely cut off communication with her and am trying to move on. I am literally sick to my stomach and am having a hard time getting over it.

I don't know what to do....

Any advice?

2. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's awful when people are one minute trying desperately to get back together and the next minute they've apparently moved on. But it's possible that she was really hurting from your breakup so she saw the opportunity of a rebound relationship and took it. I can completely understand that, even if it's not the right thing to do. She's probably secretly hoping you'll be jealous and come running back too.

You need to decide if you want her back and to try and make things work. If so, tell her you want to be together and lay out the terms of you needing some space to work and see your own friends etc so thst you don't fall back into bad habits and to give the relationship a better chance of working. If on the other hand you don't want to get back with her, then try and leave her to it, don't try and make her feel guilty for her new relationship and be supportive.