1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Story

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BiHelp, Jun 17, 2013.

1. BiHelp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello I decided that it was time to tell my story so here it goes.
    I am bisexual. I have technically known for a while that I am Bi but just these past 2 years I have accepted and mostly came out of the closet. My mom, dad, and all of my close friends know I am bi now. I have decided that from now on if someone asks me I will tell them.
    It all started my junior year of high school. I transferred from my home school to a vocational school. That's where I met the people that helped me through this. By the end of that year I came out to my entire class and all of them were cool with it. But one in particular helped me the most now I consider her my sister and she considers me her brother.
    Then came my senior year and by the end of this year I came out to my mom and dad and decided to tell who ever asked.
    Now for the complicated part. Also when I went to the vocational school a new boy moved to my town. At first we didn't really talk but then we became good friends. After awhile I told him I was bi and he accepted it. It was great. This all during my junior year. During that summer I started to like him. Then school started again and we hung out every day after school. Then one weekend came and I stayed over and everything changed (that's all I'm saying and nothing sexual I know what your thinking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Let's just say I was confused for a week. He didn't say anything and I didn't say anything about that night until a week later. I told him what happened and he said he didn't remember anything and I believed him (sort of) and then he asked if I liked him and I said yes again he said it was okay but then (here it comes) he said he was bisexual too. If you can imagine my mind was racing saying "oh my god he likes me too" and all happy like. After I thought this he shot my hopes down with a nuke strapped to a meteor by saying" This will never happen" He said this while pointing to the both of us. So yeah I was hurt but my "sister" I mentioned earlier gave me some good advice " Just be happy he's in your life" so I am happy but I still have hopes that he does like me. He sends out mixed signals so yeah there is most of it. Wow that was alot :grin:

2. ioden

Hi! Nice story!

I have this gut feeling that your friend doesn't want nothing romantic/sexual to happen to keep on being your friend. And I think it's because he's still struggling with his orientation; the fact that you're open and secure about it may've got him scared. He doesn't want to potentially break your friendship. How did he tell you that nothing will ever happen between you and him? How was his tone, body language? Was it sure or insecure, doubting? Checking the way he's behaving with you may give you some perspective on his feelings for you.

3. BiHelp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the advice. He told me after I told him I liked him then he said he was bisexual too. After this he said that nothing will ever happen between us. Sorry but with the shock of the situation I didn't pay attention to tone or body language. Yeah and some of my friends said the same thing that he just hasnt come out enough and doesnt want to break our friendship.

4. Plutanan

Well, I don't know, but could you press him about it in private? Actually, press sounds too aggressive ... how about, lightly reintroduce the subject?

I'd only do that if you know it won't ruin the friends and if you're okay with accepting that nothing may ever happen between you two.

I know that's not much, but that's what I'd do. Good friends, in my experience, seem fine to talk about feelings like this. It may seem uncomfortable beforehand or at first, but they end up understanding why you're asking as long as you're not angry or aggressive.

5. BiHelp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He's having a tough time coming out right now. He's told a few people about it and is slowly getting better. He knows I like him a lot. If he likes me the same I want him to be the one to tell me. I dont want to push him. But thanks for the advice.