1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my friend gay

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Eatyourbroccoli, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Eatyourbroccoli

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm 17 years old and have a friend who I have feelings for and can't tell if he likes me back or not we hang out together alot and when we sleep over at each others houses we always sleep in the same bed CLOSE borderline spooning and all of my friends think he is gay and occasionally joke about me and him hooking up. Also he's texted me a few times that he wants me to remind him to tell me something but when I asked he gave an excuse saying he was in a bummed out mood and didnt feel like telling me. He shows Absoloutley no interest in women such as flirting or looking at there parts lol we have alot in common and get along together perfectly I just can't take not knowing whether he's gay and in the closet or straight

2. stumble along

push him on the thing he wants to tell you, its clearly bothering him so even if he isnt coming out you guys are friends and you should help him.

3. Eatyourbroccoli

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks I thought that's what I should do but I do t really know how to bring it up or anything

4. stumble along

" hey I hope I'm not being intrusive but I'm your friend so I'm slightly concerned, I recall quite a few times that there was something you've been wanting to tell me, I'm all ears and I'm hear for you no matter what, so if you'd like to tell me now or later or never that's fine, as long as you get it out somehow.""

Short version- " hey so I remember you wanted to tell me something, what's up?"

The more private the conversation area is the more likely he will tell you whats on his mind.

5. johny

if he really loves you like a friend , he won't leave u based on if u are gay or straight , he will always be your friend no matter what , so i think that u should tell him that u r gay . if he is straight , he will accept it because he loves you like a friend , if he is gay to , then he will tell you that he is gay to and he will fell comfortable because you are gay to , so :slight_smile:

6. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't get discouraged if he doesn't tell you right away if he is gay. He himself may still be in denial and not realize that's what his feelings are, or maybe he still thinks he can be the person to beat the feelings that somehow he will become straight. I say this because acceptance is a process. Him finding out you like him doesn't mean he will necessarily accept himself within minutes, it could still take some time for him to complete the journey. BUT you telling him your feelings might just be what he needs to begin that journey. Just don't be discouraged if you don't magically end up together right away. Rome wasn't built in a day.

7. Eatyourbroccoli

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you all for the advice I apreciate it, and remember to eat your broccoli

8. stumble along

well, I love it but theres like a pesticide or something that people used that im now allergic to.... *sigh*