1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sister is extremely bigoted, stupid, and uneducated.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by fishesinthesea, Jun 18, 2013.

1. fishesinthesea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First off, I identify as a genderqueer person, though I am, biologically, a male attracted to the same sex and "guys." My sister has been telling me, straight-up, painfully rude things, including: "Man up!" (something NO genderqueer person wants to hear EVER - it makes me incredibly furious); "Why don't you get a girlfriend?"; "You got a secret to hide from me?" in a glaring tone (clearly asking about my sexual orientation). I had a feminine Girls' Generation song playing in the background, and she gave me a funny look, asking me, "Really?" What a ****ing idiot. She has no idea about what gender really is, and she isn't aware of the fact that she HERSELF is trying to fit society's view of what a "girl" is. She fills in her eyebrows, wears eye-liner, puts on red lipstick and foundation (even though she has stated she doesn't care what she looks like at school - yeah, right, stupid-ass!), shaves her legs and armpits, styles her hair into the typical wavy hairstyle with various tools, and wears dresses. Just the other day she was even ecstatic to hear that her grandma thought she was the prettiest out of all the female members of the choir. Plus, her father was talking about how her "friend" looked fat in her dress - yet, my sister did not defend her "friend." What does that tell you about her character? Obviously homophobic, trans(and genderqueer)-phobic, narcissistic, and has no idea that the entire concept of "man" is entirely determined by society. I do not look masculine whatsoever. I have a really skinny form, I have a slightly hourglass frame (uncommon for a male), womanly legs, un-broad shoulders, etc. My face is also feminine, as well. But I choose to wear skinny jeans and gender-neutral tops. So you can see that I'm pretty much a gender-less kind of person. Yet she has to go through so many physical changes every single morning to appear how she looks right now. Sad, isn't it? Sorry this was so long. I didn't expect a rant of this length. I hope someone will take the time to agree with me about the sheer stupidity my sister has.