1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phase... you dont look like a lesbian... advice please

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by em292k, Jun 19, 2013.

1. em292k

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hiya, new to this site... Basic info... I'm 27, been bi curious since being 14, had 2 children aged 9 and 6... At 25 I met my girlfriend and have been with her since... Never tryed with a women when I was younger, came close but it didn't happen, since then never been in the position to try... Anyway, 2 yrs I have been a lesbian, and I plan to stay this way forever, its just me and who I should have been years before... Anywayssss... I'm sick to death of people every now and again saying it could still be a phase and also when people say you don't look like a lesbian... It is really starting to get to me y they make these judgements... Why? Thanks x

2. NewView78

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Funny, I get the same thing! Most people are very surprised when they find out that I'm gay because I either don't "look gay" or "act gay" to them. This gets to me too and for me, I think it is because I finally feel free to be who I really am, and the burden of actively trying to act a certain way reminds me of the years I spent miserably trying to "act straight." I am who I am and I am done with acting!

3. KnownSecret

I think its because people fear what they don't understand so they just brush it off as a "phase". Eventually they will understand that this is not a phase and it really is you! I haven't really experienced that because I haven't came out to to many people (at least people like my family). Other then that just keep your head high and when they question it just tell them: This isn't a phase this is me.

~Zack~

4. em292k

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wouldn't mind but some of the people that r saying it r gay themselves... Is their something they know that I don't know about myself? I just wonder how long itl b till they stop saying its a phase... I thought 2yrs wud b enuf x