1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Totally Awesome Second Gay Date

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AaronMed, Jun 20, 2013.

1. AaronMed

Hey guys!

I feel awesome because my second date went awesomely!!!!!!! :grin: :icon_bigg :grin: :icon_bigg

As promised, here's the story:

I drove to the train station to pick him up, he was waiting there and I waived at him cutely, he waved back and came and got in the car. I tell him it's nice to see him again, and he jokingly said that I shouldn't say that until after tonight because I might think he was crazy :lol:. He told me he was glad to see me again too.

So we drove from the train station to the plaza with the movie theatre and the coffee shop, and I find a parking spot and we get out. He compliments the cute moose bobble-head I have on the dash of my Jeep, and we go in to the Williams coffee shop and sit down. We talk about random stuff like a cool new study he read, and then we go up and get something to eat; we both get a chocolate chip cookie, and he gets a black coffee while I get a Coke.

We sit down in a booth for two and talk about everything from the history of LGBT people during World War II to the advent of retinal implants to the complexity of mental health and suicide. It's amazing - he has the same interests as I do! I can actually talk to him about bending the space-time continuum and I won't lose him halfway through the conversation like I would most people. It's so cool, I can pretty much talk to him about anything :grin:.

Then we walked out of the coffee shop and across the parking lot to the movie theater, I bought the tickets, and we walked up to the snack area. I bought us some Glossettes (chocolate raisins) and some Reese's Pieces to share, and I got a Coke, but he didn't get a drink. We walked into the theatre, sat down, and I leaned a bit on him, which was awesome :icon_bigg. I've never been that close to another person in my whole life, and let me tell you how amazing it was :love:.

The movie was great, and when it ended we just stayed for the credits and talked. When it looked like everyone else had left, we got up and strolled out to my Jeep, but his train didn't get there for another 45 minutes, so we just sat in my car and talked for a while. I took him to the train station and walked him to the platform and waited for his train to come. Just as his train arrived, he said that he had a lot of fun and hugged me in a way that I'd never been hugged before if that makes any sense :love:. I waved goodbye and went home.

When I got home, he was still on the train, so I texted him for a while and he jokingly said that my hug needed improvement, so I said that he may just have to teach me, and he said that he totally would :grin:. I'm leaving for Florida the day after tomorrow, but as soon as I come back in three weeks, we're going on a third date!! I'm really excited :icon_bigg.

Though we didn't kiss this time, I think this was more a first date than anything, because our first date didn't really count because it was so short, I was so nervous, and yeah... but we came really close to it in my car at one point, so I'm pretty sure next time will be the time if I'm reading the signals rights :icon_bigg.

So what do you guys think? Did I do good? Did it go well? What went well, and what could I improve? Any other miscellaneous suggestions?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It went perfectly! And a three-week interval will really heighten the tension...you guys will be wound up tighter than a model airplane elastic!

3. AaronMed

Awesome, I thought so too! :love:

Very true :slight_smile:. Do you think that'll help with getting him to kiss me? :kiss:

4. Amerigo

that was soooo cute!! happy for you! :slight_smile: just be yourself, it seems to be working, and that's the best way for two people to embark on what could be a fruitful relationship.

^ lol

i wanna read your next date! i don't even know why i'm so excited it's not like i'm going on the date.

5. AaronMed

Thanks for the encouraging words! (*hug*) I seriously think I could be falling for him... :kiss:

I guess what I meant was, when we hugged there was an electricity between us! :love: Does that make more sense?

Haha, well I'll be around here for a long while, so you'll get to read the whole saga if you want to :grin:.

6. NewView78

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. Average Joe

*I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous*

This is great, man. I'm so happy for you. I don't think you need to improve anything. Just don't rush anything and I'm sure you'll be fine. And it does sound like that next date might be the one where you two kiss :icon_wink

8. AaronMed

Thanks! :icon_bigg

:lol: Awww, I'm sure you'll find someone! Have you tried online dating/geolocation apps?

Thankies! (*hug*)

Really?!? I'm so excited!!! :kiss:

Any tips on getting him to kiss me instead of me just kissing him? I'd rather he kiss me :slight_smile:.

9. Amerigo

oh goody! yeah that makes it clearer :lol:

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2013 at 04:21 PM ----------

have you tried falling into him by accident :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: that way, he'll have to kiss ya (just like in a movie!)

10. AaronMed

Cool, that's good :slight_smile:.

Nope, but that's a really cool idea! I could pretend to lose my balance and end up falling into him and then he'd have the perfect opportunity to kiss me. :love: :kiss:

11. Average Joe

No, not really. I've only recently come out for the first time (only to two people). Other than that I'm still closeted, and we both know that being in the closet is not very helpful when it comes to dating... Plus, I'm not really comfortable with uploading a photo of myself to that kind of websites. *sigh* Why can't I just meet Prince Charming on a bus? :lol:

Haha, sorry, don't think I can be of much help here. I'm not exactly experienced in this field. Just be cute :icon_wink

12. AaronMed

Yep, we certainly both know that... What are your parents like? Do you think it'd go well if you came out to them?

Welcome to Club Torso :grin:. Here's a fun quote from an article I read once, by a writer named Kris Seto:

:lol: Makes me laugh every time, lol. But seriously, I never uploaded "face pics", as they're called on those sites, for fear that someone would recognize me on there. So I just used a pretty rainbow and if I met someone I was interested in, I'd just send him my photo privately. That generally works well - just send the photo within the first few messages and most people will be okay with that. And hey, the people that aren't okay with that, well you don't want to associate with them anyways! :icon_bigg

I'll PM you the name of the best app, which you probably already know, but I'll send it to you anyway. If anyone else wants the name of it too and is 18+, message me because I can't post it on the public forum due to EC rules.

Oh how lovely that would be! Unfortunately, love is usually something that happens from actively seeking it out - love doesn't usually find you, you'll have to find it. My parents have told people for years that they just happened to meet at a restaurant and found true love there. In reality, they met in the personals of the local newspaper. To find someone, you'll have to go out and find him yourself - but you'll do fine, just persevere and you'll find somebody! (*hug*)

Mmkay, I can do that! :icon_bigg

Tips from others are welcome too :slight_smile:.