1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Third Date Suggestions

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AaronMed, Jun 20, 2013.

1. AaronMed

2. LD579

What do you want to do? What does Sebastian want to do? If you tell us some things, we could help you choose, perhaps.

Besides that... I'll just list some stuff that you and/or he may find appealing.

Picnic, movie at home, dinner at home, dinner at a restaurant, biking at a park, mall shopping/window shopping/browsing, walk+talk+coffee shop+park, star gazing, cloud watching, museum (You can either laugh at some of the more odd artwork, if you guys would find that fun, or you can admire them. Both are legitimate :wink: ), cook/bake some stuff at home (Cake? Muffins? Cookies?), try to make alcoholic or just normal drinks at home...

Maybe that'd help you a bit =)

3. riahf

Hmm... First of all, I'm super glad your date went well, I read your post and it was really sweet.

I'll make a suggestion based on what worked for me on my third gay date. On my second date we went out to a movie, similarly to you, and then the next weekend we went to a large festival my town hosted. It was perfect, we walked around, talked, looked at stands and artwork, held hands, ate food, and then eventually when we got tired of walking, we went out for an early dinner. It was great. We followed it up with our first kiss. If you're into things like that, I'd definitely recommend it! Maybe look and see if your town has any cultural events you can go to that seems interesting.

---------- Post added 20th Jun 2013 at 12:56 PM ----------

I also like some of these suggestions. I might actually steal a few. :icon_wink

4. AaronMed

Hmmm, well here's a little list:

Things me and him might want to do:

• Glow-in-the-dark mini-putting
    • Go to a bar and watch him get drunk because he says he's really entertaining when he's drunk :lol:
    • Come to my place and watch a movie
    • Come to my place and teach him a bit of piano because he told me he wants to learn
    • Going to Pride, though that isn't for a while where we live I think
    • Playing monopoly at my house (yes, I know, I'm a bit of a board game nerd :lol:slight_smile:

But that's just a few things, and none of them are quite long enough to be a real date, but maybe they can give you guys ideas to suggest :slight_smile:.

Except I'm not the outdoorsy type - I'm the type that sees a bug and shrieks, "ew!" :lol:

That actually sounds really fun :icon_bigg. Do you think it's too soon to invite him over to my house, or could I really do that?

Except I can't cook worth a shit though! :lol: :roflmao:

My diet's really weird though, so that's out, haha.

I'd be a sweaty mess by the end though :lol:.

That could actually be a lot of fun... bit too public for a first kiss though! :lol: :kiss:

I have a bad back, so no overly-extended walks for me I think! :lol:

Both of those could be fun - how about walking through the park in the rain? I've always wanted to kiss in the rain :love: :kiss:.

We'd be the ones laughing :lol:. Those places tend to be kind of hushed/quiet, don't you think?

Awesome idea, that sounds like a lot of fun! I'm really good at baking too :slight_smile:.

That helped a lot, thanks! :icon_bigg

Thanks! (*hug*)

What an awesome idea! That could be a lot of fun, except the soonest local festival stars on August 9th. So maybe for a fourth or fifth date :slight_smile:.

Further suggestions are welcome!

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any first of July fireworks in your area, or will you be away on Canada Day? I don't know...a first kiss followed by fireworks has a certain poetry to it, don't you think?

6. LD579

I don't see what's so wrong with inviting him to your house. You guys, if I'm not mistaken, have been talking for a while, and have gone on two dates. You surely must know each other decently enough already, so I don't think it'd be a problem at all. Also, as for ALL couples who are dating, overt affection in front of parents can be awkward, as I'm sure you probably know. So... yeah.

I don't particularly care for bugs, either, but I wouldn't let that deter me, personally, from a picnic date. Choose a good location and all, etc.

Walking through the park in the rain... It depends. If it's a misty, light sheet of rain, sure. If it's pouring heavily, watching from indoors isn't bad.

As for laughing in a museum... You're both young. It may be seen as a tad disrespectful, but you're paying for entry (I assume) so they can't really get mad. I mean... you're already being a patron by attending it. It may be a bit quiet... It depends. If you're both practically alone, likely what you say won't matter much.

Can Sebastian cook anything? I'm not a good cook either, but I'm good enough to make things that I find yummy. Cooking at home, even if it's not great, is a fun experience for hanging out. It's... homely.

Either way, you both could try to cook some stuff together, if you like. It'd be a nice experience, I'd hope, even if the food doesn't turn out outstandingly. If worse comes to worst, you could always order takeout or something. I don't know how restrictive your diet is (I have a very rigid diet as well, but it's a combination of self-imposed as well as for allergy concerns), but I don't see why it'd be a problem for Sebastian to eat something different while you eat your own thing. It'd come up as an 'issue' somewhere down the line eventually, but truly it need not be a concern at all.

I have an idea... Monopoly, piano-teaching courtesy of you, perhaps cooking or baking together, and watching a movie... That could be a whole-day affair of a date. If you both aren't that busy, it may be a nice option.

You can always combine things, too, like how I've done in my suggestion above. Glow-in-the-dark mini golf and window shopping? Why not =)

7. AaronMed

So true, that's an awesome idea! Unfortunately I'll be away for Canada Day, but I'll keep that in the back of my mind and just might take him to the Labour Day fireworks when they come around :slight_smile:.

Very true... I'll probably tell them to go to dinner and a movie or something :slight_smile:. Arrange it so they leave at 5:30 PM and don't come back until 11:00 PM - that'd work. And hey, if the mood strikes, we'll be alone, so we can feel free to have some fun :wink:. I'll make sure I have condoms! :lol:

And the grass is itchy, and I don't like direct sunlight (neither does he), and if I see a single bug it'll creep me out for the rest of the date... yeah, I think I can safely leave that one off the list of possibilities :lol: :icon_bigg.

Meh, I think it'd be fun to go out and get soaked while kissing in pouring rain :love: :kiss:. And on the plus side, when you get home, you have a great excuse to take your clothes off :grin:.

Very true. Actually, I just thought of a fun idea... there's an exhibit of David Bowie's various out-of-this-world costumes happening at the Art Gallery of Ontario, which is really close, and that could actually be really cool :slight_smile:. What do you think?

He already knows and is fine with it - we know each others' weirdnesses already! Haha, he's okay with my weird diet, and I'm okay with his weird earlobe fetish :lol:.

That would actually be totally awesome! I might just use this one :slight_smile:.

That would be very cool too... would have to couple it with a third thing though, because neither of those are really conducive to first kisses... any ideas of what could be tacked on for that purpose?