1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird way to be brushed off..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Just1Dude, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    because of my love for 80's music!

lol!!...

Really.

We had been texting/talking/hanging out for the past couple of weeks and it was going great! She took my CD's from my car to listen to.. gave them back the next day. That day went really well, but then I didn't hear back from her for a few days. I sent her a text asking if everything was okay and she sent one back saying "You have an odd taste in music." and that was it!

Two days later she is "in a relationship" ... sad day lol! I know it couldn't have been just my taste in music! Hopefully.. because I love my 80s!

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're probably better off. The 80's had freaking great music.

3. Gallatin

My (soon to be former, thankfully) roommate once (pretty condescendingly) told me that because my favorite music is mainly from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, I was "living in the past" and needed to stop that and start listening to the "newer, cooler, better" stuff that he listened to. Yeah... that did not go over well with me!

Seriously, though, music from the 80s is awesome. I wouldn't give her a second thought. Rock on, man! :music:

4. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys! I just love the 80's and there is no way I'm changing that for anybody, shouldn't have to! I just hope it wasn't an excuse for something else, haha. Oh well, you are right I am better off :slight_smile:

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One thing I've always found fascinating is how much the younger set, say between 20 and 40 today really dig the music from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

For me, say when I was 20, the equivalent would have meant that I would dig music as far back as 1935...really. My grandmother used to listen to Bing Crosby, good singer, but not my genre, so to speak.

Guess (some of) the music from the 60's fits the term "classical", in the sense that it never gets old. :grin:

6. Amerigo

i love the 80s. no joke - last night i had a dream that my doctor sent be back to the 80s as part of my therapy. all i ever listen to is 80s, even if it's drab, we'd get along well :wink: