1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Pleace -.- (Native)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ghost_in_the_sewer, Jun 21, 2013.

1. ghost_in_the_sewer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a Native (Ojibwe) It's kinda hard coming out as a Bisexual with so many friends who probably hate gays or bi's. Because one time my friend Austin (brother-in-law), last year in grade 8 told me me that if he ever found out i was gay or bi he would never be friends with me anymore (That scared the heck out me because i don't want to lose a friend). Another good friend Chase told me that he doesn't like gay or bi's and i saw him tease a gay person on a soccer team until he just stopped playing because of him. (I fucking punched in the face as hard as I could). he got mad at me but I told him how I was tease through out Elementry school for people thinking i was gay (but i didn't know back then i was bisexual) back in my old town before moving to my Little Rez. He forgave me but i don't know what to do I don't be teased anymore. I can't live with this anymore I jut wanna scream it out. But i know i can't. So please. How can I get get over this nightmare because i have like 3 more years left and I can't stand one more minute of it?

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Two things:

First: In the Ojibwe (7) teachings I can´t find anything against homosexuality.

If your people or the outsiders you have to deal with hate bi or gay people, it´s just their ignorance talking.

Two: homophobia is taw to deal with. I live in a homophobic inviroment, reason why I didn´t come out at school. Now I´m 18 and have a boyfriend that lives in with us, so hard to hide, I suppose, and I just decided not to hide the fact that I´m gay anymore. (Which differs from telling people.)
    Up to now, nothing happened. But I must say that I stay calm in any situation anyway, which helps a lot.
    After all bullies just want a reaction. If they don´t get one, it´s no fun.

Now, a few things you can try:
    First don´t react to random "crazy talk" , unless it´s just one person and you can do it in a calm way and ask why they think that way and start a calm discussion, this educating him/her.
    Try to get alliance. There must be at least one person you can trust to support you. That will make you stronger and that person can help you if people turn against you.

Homophobes are usually just scared that you would jump on them or something. So make clear to your friend and cousin that bi sexual or gay people don´t jump on just any male, just like hetero guys don´t jump on just any woman. Especially not relatives and friends....
    You don´t need to tell them that you are gay or bi. Educate them before you come out.
    Ask why they hate bi or gays and try to address their answers in a calm way.

#2 Boyfriend, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013