1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She took me off Facebook!! WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MatthewJS, Jun 21, 2013.

1. MatthewJS

Couple days ago, I went to my aunt's Facebook page and it said on the side "Add friend." WTF IS HER PROBLEM?!?!?! K and my family and I haven't had ANY contact since I came out to her. After I found out, my mom, sisters, brother, and I believe my dad, took her off. She is one homophobic woman!! She is such a naïve Christian person.

I do love her but why did she take me off of her Facebook?

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2013 at 06:15 AM ----------

not only that, she said that homosexuality is a "bad thing we're born with," and she doesn't accept me.

2. FightingShadows

Dude, my aunt did the same exact thing when I came out as Trans. With all my posts on FB, she was like, "Rawr rawr rawr, you're too mad, you need to stop throwing this little pity part because no one cares. I can't sit back and stay quiet about this anymore. If you want to be you, that's fine, but this constant rant needs to stop. You may have just lost your last empathizer..." The thing was, I was posting my constant daily issues with people at work and one's I'd encounter through out the day and I guess, whatever, she was just sick of reading it and threw a fit. she also mentioned how I had bad mouthed my parents (um, yeah, never happened). So, yeah, she took my off facebook and ya know what? I don't care. Man, if she can't accept you, don't make an effort to try to bring her back in your life. I'm not doing that with my aunt. You need to step away from the people that try to bring you down. You need to be YOU and be HAPPY.

3. MatthewJS

my family just says "Don't worry about her. you have is us that loves and accepts you." I think they said that. and said something similar like this: do something that make you happy. im taking their advice and im not worrying about her anymore. Why? because she lost a great and amazing gay nephew. I did share quite a few things that are LGBT-related on Facebook to show that being part of this awesome community isn't bad at all.

#3 MatthewJS, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  4. Night Rain

Yep. Her loss. You should be glad you found that out through Facebook and not some real life situation where it might have been really awkward.

5. MatthewJS

what's embarrassing for her is: she is the ONLY person in my entire family that doesn't accept me. that's what she gets if she doesn't accept people that are completely different from her.

6. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    In my experience, people who stand alone are sometimes the hardest to sway. She probably feels like she is the only one with any sense and that is just sad.

I am sorry she did that to you. If it helps, I read that some doctors see Christian Fundamentalism as a type of cultism. That there is something mentally wrong with it.

I am a Christian, but I don't think homosexuality is a sin.

7. MatthewJS

I agree with you, phoenixverde, about how homosexuality isn't a sin. God loves his children and one that have special needs, that need help with personal problems, and the ones that are part of the LGBT Community because He loves everyone. My aunt will never realize that.

8. biggayguy

My aunt and cousin (her son) did the same thing to me. Her son went to Oral Roberts University. I think they saw all the openly gay people on my friends list.

9. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are books by different theologians that explain the misconception that homosexuality is a sin. Worse though is that a lot of people feel like it is a one way ticket to hell. I would suggest getting her a book, but she has to be open minded to accept it.

I have made it clear on my FB that I support gay rights. It thinned out my friend's list a little, but if someone can't handle me supporting gay rights, they can't support me being gay.

10. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister is the only one in my family besides my grandparents who has a huge problem with my sexuality for her own selfish reasons and i had to delete her from facebook cause her and her husband were uncomfortable with my pro gay posts. She accused me of throwing it in people's faces. I did get carried away after coming out publically I admit but throwing it in people's faces was not my intention at all. It is your aunt's loss and her problem at least some of your family is supportive.