1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate living with my parents

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by josh9623, Jun 21, 2013.

1. josh9623

Prepare for a rant.

I am furious right now, My parents have been wanting me to power wash the sidewalks and driveway for a while, but for one reason or another I have not been able to get to it. Either them making me run errands, or drive them around, or Thunderstorms. so, today I was supposed to go do it this morning. I got up and was sitting in the living room while I was trying to get woken up (I am NOT a morning person) and my dad was watching a show. after a little while he gets up and walks out. I ask him where he's going and he told me that he was going to go power wash the sidewalk and driveway because I obviously wasn't going to do it. This is one of the things that really pisses me off. If I am going to do something DON'T do it for me. I know I am going to hear about this later about how I can't do _____ because I didn't do this. and whenever I just try to vent I usually end up getting a lecture which is rarely actually relevant, and that just makes me even angrier. But I apparently have forgotten that since I am young it is impossible for me to be tired, to be stressed, or to need time to get up. furthermore because I am a child I am not allowed to get angry, have an opinion, etc. I had to move my car for my dad and I honestly considered just leaving. I don't know where I would have gone but I don't want to be here. If I had just left as soon as I got back I'm sure I would have my promptly taken away. so, when I get angry or aggrevated I have no escape, I can't vent I just end up sitting alone (if I can) to avoid getting angrier or into more trouble.

2. Amerigo

parents are like that, i hear ya

3. biggayguy

That's just the sort of thing that motivated me to get a job and look for my own apartment.

4. AaronMed

I'm so sorry to hear that, that sounds like a really crappy situation (*hug*).

Have you considered writing a letter to your parents telling them how you feel and that you're your own person?

5. biggayguy

You could also go away to college and live in a dorm.

6. AaronMed

I'm going to have to disagree with this... that's just avoiding the problem. You need to actively solve it, so I really think you should consider writing a letter telling them where your mind is at.

7. The username

As my friends parents told her
    "If I wanted to do my own chores why would I have kids?"
    :lol:

8. biggayguy

Absolutely I think he should postpone it. Some parents have been known to put their kid out on the street when they came out. It's up to you whether you want to take that risk. I'm just a cautious old guy.:dry:

9. BlueLines

That's pretty much how my dad is with me. so I can definitely understand how frustrating that can be. I know I don't deal with it right, but I just try to work as much as I can to get away from home.

10. Colton

I don't want to sit here and disagree with you, but doing simple chores around the house teaches responsibility. That's really all it is. Driving away because you didn't power wash the driveway wouldn't solve anything; it would just create more problems.

11. Night Rain

Um... I don't think your parents did anything wrong? You're too short-tempered and to be frank, if you're that irresponsible, living alone isn't a good idea. You're being ungrateful.

---------- Post added 23rd Jun 2013 at 06:54 AM ----------

s

---------- Post added 23rd Jun 2013 at 06:55 AM ----------

First, you're not a prince, or the ruler of the house. You don't set rules. So stop with the "don't do this, don't do that".
    You had been neglecting the chore for a while, so it's your own fault to begin with.

Second, I know what your feeling. I used to feel like this all the time. I know you were about to wash the sidewalk and driveway yourself, but your father got to them first, and everyone would think that you were irresponsible, even though you were about to do it. You're upset because you're misunderstood. But getting angry and going away only makes it worse. Next time just tell your father that you're about to do it too, so no need for him to do it, and everyone is happy.