1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion on a situation - about this living arrangement

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tightrope, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know this lady. She's married. When she first married her husband, they lived together. They then decided to live in separate places, to avoid a commute. The commute isn't that bad. They have no kids. She told me they have sex twice a year. He's sort of a loner and I don't like him, and I'm not that easy to get close to, but this guy is too much. This lady is very frustrated in life and stirs the pot at work, with friends, and generally creates a lot of drama in so many ways. I think it's because she's not satisfied. Another friend says she's bored. Her life didn't work out the way she wanted, and she can "join the club" because it doesn't for most people. What do you think of this guy - her husband? I don't think he's fooling around because I know him well enough by now to think not. However, he has rarely had sex with his wife from the very beginning.

2. FemCasanova

Well, it could mean several things. He could have a naturally low sex-drive, a lot of people do, it`s not that uncommon. Also, some people have separate bed-rooms, for various reasons. My mother and step-guy sleeps separately whenever they can, because he snores, apparently. In any case, without knowing exactly how she feels and thinks, listening too much to gossip can give a really wrong image of the situation, because gossip is guess-work, and not the truth. Maybe she stirs the pot at work because she`s simply a pot-stirrer? It might not mean what you think it means, which is why it`s important to take office gossip with a grain of salt!

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the response. They live in separate houses miles from each other.

Their sex has been minimal to non-existent from the beginning of their marriage. She has not been happy with that.

You're right, she's a pot-stirrer, all the way around. She's even done it with me. I keep my distance.

They are conservative and religious. It crosses my mind every once in a while that he married just to have that marital status to make things easier with the company he keeps.

4. DrAdam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess ultimately, their arrangement is their own business, even if she isn't happy, it would be up to her to decide what to do about that. She must be happy enough with the situation to not have done anything about it...?